• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given your size I'd get the Petit; I have a feeling the NS rise will be too long for you.

You can hem them, but even though the taper isn't extreme taking off 5 inches is going to inevitably change the way the leg looks - maybe not by much, but obviously more than taking 2 inches off would.

You could get them re-tapered if you want - Denim Doctors in LA is prob the place for that.

dean.lai

Reaction score
Alright, and how much do you figure I should size down for a pair of petits?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno all that much about em tbh...was hoping someone else would take that.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, misread your post; thought you said 28s were too big, but it's just cuz your APCs stretched out. Get some Crates instead of APC, no contest. Do a little research in the thread below and decided which cut you want.

tommboy

Reaction score
Please help me out and suggest brands/styles that are of this cut. Relaxed fit, straight leg with a slightly bigger than normal foot opening to cover my boots with. Because of short legs/torso I have determined this is the best jean fit for me. Now this is a really hard to come by cut espcially since most aren't relaxed fit. But if you could PLEASE help me out with suggestions/comments/advice on where to look/find jeans like this I would really appreciate it. The more the better because I have to make a whole wardrobe out of them.... THANKS!!!

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? there are shitloads of these

try lucky... you're gonna look bad with anything fitting your descriptors though

tommboy

Reaction score
Why am I going to look bad with anything fitting the descriptors?

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tommboy
Please help me out and suggest brands/styles that are of this cut. Relaxed fit, straight leg with a slightly bigger than normal foot opening to cover my boots with. Because of short legs/torso I have determined this is the best jean fit for me. Now this is a really hard to come by cut espcially since most aren't relaxed fit. But if you could PLEASE help me out with suggestions/comments/advice on where to look/find jeans like this I would really appreciate it. The more the better because I have to make a whole wardrobe out of them.... THANKS!!!
The phrase, "Less is more" can be applied here, both to the number of jeans you need to buy, and the number of posts you make.

Read more on the forum, post less. You will soon find that the consensus for denim, and clothing in general, is to buy fewer pieces that are well made and well fitted, albeit maybe more expensive.

This would be more effective than starting yet another thread, receiving good advice, ignoring said advice, buying a pair of ill fitting jeans, posting a photo of said jeans and asking for opinions, and not hearing what you want to hear (Yeah, those 7FAM jeans are not flattering on you).

Do yourself a favour and go to http://www.selfedge.com/shop/. Browse through their selection of straight leg denim. Barring picking the wrong size or cut, you really can't go wrong with any of the jeans that they carry. I'm sure that Kiya (owner of Self Edge) would be able to help you find a pair that suits your needs.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL Straight fit and APC Rescue are good picks for raw, straight leg jeans with more relaxed feel in the thighs and such. You will have to get them hemmed though.

tommboy

Reaction score
Ok, I get it the 7FAM aren't that great. But the thing is I really need a relaxed fit (to not make my short legs as noticeable and also because my thighs are pretty big)

I apologize for re-posting, and won't do it in the future, my biggest problem really is NOT wanting to buy online unless I can try them on first. I live in Buffalo, NY and defiantly have a limited selection here. But I'm trying new stuff on everyday.

Would you really recomend Lucky Brand?

Does anyone like Paper denim jeans?

tommboy

Reaction score
I also went to a a store recently that had Nudie Jeans, Didn't like them at ALL too tight (even the most relaxed fit), when they are tight my legs look a lot shorter (trust me I've worn super tight jeans before and people have made comments)

So no I'm not throwing out advice people give me I am trying on what I can (try on) in my area.

tommboy

Reaction score
Ok so should I order these APC rescue Jeans (from the picture It looks like the fit I need) size 31 But if they do actually fit the problem will be I found 1 pair of jeans in one color that fits lol and that's it...... (I need atleast 3) http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,123.html Are they Raw denim? I'd really prefer it not be

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads