• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robba
if I hot wash my APC's after 8 months, will the waist stretch back to before the wash or become they a little tighter?
The rule of thumb is that they'll shrink back to what they were before plus 2-5%. It doesn't really matter, though, since they'll just stretch back out after a few wears.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, robbie:

rope3.JPG

roping1.jpg

That's why it's called roping. Hopefully that can help you visualize it better.

deadstock23

Reaction score
I am getting some prps new fit and I was wondering how would they fit compared to apc NS?
similar fit? and I am a 30.3 waist so would a 31 new fit be good?
thanks

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadstock23
I am getting some prps new fit and I was wondering how would they fit compared to apc NS?
similar fit? and I am a 30.3 waist so would a 31 new fit be good?
thanks

Unless the jeans you're looking at are from 2 seasons back (when the New Fit was cut like the current Tight Fit), they fit more like Rescues than NS. Go with Tight Fit if you want something slim.

Also, get a 30. PRPS come a bit larger than tagged size.

deadstock23

Reaction score
I'm not sure which season its from. Can you tell by just looking at the pictures?

Largo

Reaction score
Here's probably the best example I can find of roping at the moment:
5eplegopeningxh8.jpg
Notice the creases formed go a diagonal angle caused by the tension of a chainstitch. You'll still get hem fading with a normal stitch (the second one Whodini put up), but the creases are vertical and (often) not as extreme.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadstock23
I'm not sure which season its from. Can you tell by just looking at the pictures?

With a picture of the inside size tag, yes, as different cuts have different model numbers.

I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but there're a few members here(eckblk, I think) who knows much more about PRPS. Perhaps you could PM him.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
Looking to buy a pair of raw denim and I need some advice on a pair with these specifications.

Recently my only pair of jeans I have worn at all for the past 4-5 months has been my Levi's 511's and there are a few things I like about them that I wish to be replicated in the pair of raw denim.

1. The pocket size, I absolutely love and would only want to slightly change the pocket size in my transition.
2. The fit from top to bottom is perfect for my body type.

I have been looking at the brands Sugarcane, APC, Skull, Crate, and Somet with particular interest as I see no pocket stitching which I really do not want. Which one of these brands matches up the best and if I'm missing one which would it be?

EDIT: My current jean size on the Levi's is 32/30. I should probably size down a little on the waist though because they are not as snug as they should be.

anyone?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
anyone?
1) What do you mean "pocket size?" Pocket bag size? Back pocket size? 2) Measurements for the jeans you listed are widely available. Why not measure your Levi's and compare notes? 3) Is price an issue? 4) Understand that you will have to hem whatever you buy since none of those jeans come in a 30" inseam.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
1. Back pocket size, sorry I should have clarified.
2. I should do that, thanks.
3. 300 or so is the max I will go at the moment.
4. That is true, moot point.

Collarbone

Reaction score
(Not really related to the buying of jeans, so tell me if I'm better off posting elsewhere.)
I've just gotten some Cheap Monday No. 666's, and they have some kinda tacky buttons along the waistband. (See the picture below.)

So, how can I remove the buttons? I realise it will leave holes where they've been, but my belt will cover that up.

(Click the thumb for larger image.)

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Collarbone
(Not really related to the buying of jeans, so tell me if I'm better off posting elsewhere.) I've just gotten some Cheap Monday No. 666's, and they have some kinda tacky buttons along the waistband. (See the picture below.) So, how can I remove the buttons? I realise it will leave holes where they've been, but my belt will cover that up. (Click the thumb for larger image.)
If your belt would cover up the holes, it'd cover the buttons as well, no? I wouldn't recommend removing them.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple questions...

First, I'm looking for a pair of decent quality denim for my girlfriend. She's not down for the no wash/wear for 6 months commitment, so raw denim is probably out. Do you guys know of a decent slim one wash for women?

Second, I'm looking for a decent pair of gray denim. The raw indigo APC NS fit great and they are within my price range. I can see stepping up the quality for raw indigo, but I'm not sure how I'll like gray denim just yet. I know they make a Black NS, but what about something gray with a similar cut or price range?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Couple questions...

First, I'm looking for a pair of decent quality denim for my girlfriend. She's not down for the no wash/wear for 6 months commitment, so raw denim is probably out. Do you guys know of a decent slim one wash for women?

Second, I'm looking for a decent pair of gray denim. The raw indigo APC NS fit great and they are within my price range. I can see stepping up the quality for raw indigo, but I'm not sure how I'll like gray denim just yet. I know they make a Black NS, but what about something gray with a similar cut or price range?

1) Call/PM Farinelli's. Mauro knows and carries womens jeans so he'd be your best source of info. 2) Crate Journals in Grey, also from Farinelli's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics