1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whacked

whacked Distinguished Member

Thanks lefty, I'm going to give those a try.

Edit: Bummer, none in my size. I'll have to search around to see if anyone else carrys them.

What's your size? 29x34 is available, and according to the Lee sale thread, these stretch a lot and sizing down 1 seems like the way to go.

2. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

Thanks lefty, I'm going to give those a try.

Edit: Bummer, none in my size. I'll have to search around to see if anyone else carrys them.

With your stats, are you sure you couldn't fit into the 29"?

If not, then the APC NS from denimbar.

lefty

3. rezzor

rezzor Senior Member

Thanks for all the respones. I think I could fit into the 29 but I think 34 is too long. In dress pant I usally have them hemmed to 30.5 and jeans I usually get 32. Since they taper, I'm not sure shortening them is a good idea?

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks for all the respones. I think I could fit into the 29 but I think 34 is too long. In dress pant I usally have them hemmed to 30.5 and jeans I usually get 32. Since they taper, I'm not sure shortening them is a good idea?
    Why not? Mine are hemmed, I think they look fine. [​IMG]

5. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

I don't like excessive stacking and tend to roll mine, but I wouldn't sweat hemming them.

They have a pretty good return policy, so grab them and see how you go. Warning ... these have a low rise, but on the plus side they're pretty far from Dad jeans.

lefty

6. rezzor

rezzor Senior Member

Thanks guys, I'll give the lee's a try. With the 20% coupon they seem like a decent deal. The APC NS look very nice as well and they're only about $40 more with the discount.

7. BYucko

BYucko Senior Member

Just bored - what does the 19cm refer to in the Dior 19cm jeans?

8. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

Just bored - what does the 19cm refer to in the Dior 19cm jeans?

Size of the hem. I think it's 19cm in size 32, and goes up or down .5cm as the waist size goes up or down an inch.

9. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Senior Member

i bought a dior black dior jeans MIJ product number 8E3110550184. Is this the 21 cm or 19cm?

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

11. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Senior Member

they are a 29, but i've had them altered so the hem is not at true size anymore. My thoughts were that the one with productnumber ending 550184 instead of 530184 is a 21.

12. bure

bure Senior Member

I bought a pair of these Rab & Bone RB15 5147 NEW Indigo Non-Selvedge jeans in size 30 (my true waist is 30). The 29's were too tight, these jeans fit great... more room in the thighs/butt/legs than my NS..

I'm just wondering how to care for them.

1. They are definately a LOT lighter denim, softer as well. So I'm not sure if they're exactly RAW... does anyone know for sure? It says on the tag "This denim has undergone minimum treatment to preserve the natural integrity of the fabric... For best results wash your jeans as little as possible." Maybe they're rinsed once of something of the sort (I have no idea).

2. So, should I wait 6 months like my NS to wash? Not sure if i'll get good fades since they're so soft already.. is there a way to keep the color the way it is? Right now they looks blacker than the NS even though they're indigo. What will a rinse instead of wash do?

3. How much will these shrink in length? Don't know if they're sanforized or not.

4. Will the waist stretch out much?

Thanks!

13. doink

doink Senior Member

anyone here from toronto try sydneys for a custom pair of jeans? I am very close to pulling the pin, but at $425 wonder if anyone has comments or experience with him.

He seems like a nice guy and I like the concept of supporting someone like him.

The choices are a slubby ora standard 14 oz selvedge, with either a slim fit or full fit based on your measurements and preferences.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

bure,

the R&Bs are one-wash, they just aren't starched quite as heavily as APCs, so they don't feel as thick or heavy, at least when the APCs are newer.

Take care of them like you take care of any other pair of jeans - wash them when you can't handle the stink or the layers of sweat caked on the inside. R&Bs produce some really unique color when they're worn-in.

15. bure

bure Senior Member

bure,

the R&Bs are one-wash, they just aren't starched quite as heavily as APCs, so they don't feel as thick or heavy, at least when the APCs are newer.

Take care of them like you take care of any other pair of jeans - wash them when you can't handle the stink or the layers of sweat caked on the inside. R&Bs produce some really unique color when they're worn-in.

thanks brian for answering, i was afraid my post would get lost in this big thread !

i'll hold off from washing, but i think i need to get them hemmed. if they're one-wash, would that mean they've shrunk in length already? THANKS teach[​IMG]