Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

Does anyone know the leg opening/hem measurement of slim jim dry black coateds (in size 30x34)?

Are they equal to or less than 7.5 inches? Every site I visit or listing changes measuremnts, ranging from 7 to 8 inches (variably around sizes 30-32, at which the hem shouldn't change at all).

Also, what size should I get in the SJDBC if I want a tighter fit? I'm a true waist of 31 inches.

I wear TFDS in 31x34 and they fit perfect at first, but now they're a bit loose but I can still wear them without a belt; probably could have gotten away with a 30x34.
    I also wear Dior MIJ in size 29, which also fit perfect.

Should I just get TFDBC in 31x34? I was planning on buying a pair of 30x34 SJDBC from a user here, but realized he listed the leg opening as 7.75 inches, but I'm aiming for an opening of less than 7.5 inches.

So my options are: SJDBC 30x34, SJDBC 29x34, or TFDBC 31x34. If I can just figure out the exact hem measurements of of the SJDBC 30x34, I can figure all this shit out.

2. joel_954

joel_954 Distinguished Member

Does anyone know if KMWs changed at all this season? I bought a new pair of 1980s and the belt loops are wider (not a big deal), but I swear that they're much less stiff than my last pair, feel a little lighter, and they're a bit tighter across the front of the top block and the ass (although that could very well be my Christmas weight).

I have both the old and new (if we can call it that) and what you describe is true. I like the new better tho. It's not your Xmas weight.

3. Gavin

Gavin Senior Member

I have both the old and new (if we can call it that) and what you describe is true. I like the new better tho. It's not your Xmas weight.

Shit. The old ones stretched out to a perfect fit, but they weren't quite as tight across the top at the start.

How long have you had your new pair? Will they stretch as much do you think? I'd hate to think that they'll be this much tighter/slimmer for the life of the jean.

4. Zenaku

Zenaku Member

The BiG Size chart lists the Somet 005 Low Rise Straight Fit Black as a waist 30 even though the size is 28....

If I took a 27 in my APC NS's does this mean I should go for size 27 or go a size 29?

5. ahjota

ahjota Distinguished Member

I'd say 29, unless you want to break a hipbone. The Somets are some of the lowest rise jeans I've seen--they ride MUCH lower than your natural waist.

6. apwrxmd

apwrxmd Active Member

Just ordered a pair of raw black nudies.

Problem is the inseam is a 34 and I wear a 32. Should I soak them to try to get shrinkage and them hem them if they still don't fit. Or should I get them hemmed and just wear them without a soak.

I am hesitant on soaking because they are Black Raw and this is my first pair of black jeans, and I don't know how much color is going to come out if I soak them first.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Especially if you have experience with black denim

7. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior Member

Just ordered a pair of raw black nudies. Problem is the inseam is a 34 and I wear a 32. Should I soak them to try to get shrinkage and them hem them if they still don't fit. Or should I get them hemmed and just wear them without a soak. I am hesitant on soaking because they are Black Raw and this is my first pair of black jeans, and I don't know how much color is going to come out if I soak them first. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Especially if you have experience with black denim
    You shoul cancel the order and buy jeans that fit. Seriously. EDIT: I misread your comment, and I am an idiot. I thought you bought a 34 waist, not an inseam. I apologize. I'm not an expert on soaking, so I'll let others jump in here. Again, sorry about that. But hey, at least I called myself on it.

8. griffinate99

griffinate99 Member

thnx ur suggestion works great

9. svilian

svilian Active Member

Dies anyone have experience with earnest sewn fulton? does this jeans strecht a lot? it has a tight fit or the front is big?

taks for your help

10. Francis91

Francis91 Senior Member

Just ordered a pair of raw black nudies.

Problem is the inseam is a 34 and I wear a 32. Should I soak them to try to get shrinkage and them hem them if they still don't fit. Or should I get them hemmed and just wear them without a soak.

I am hesitant on soaking because they are Black Raw and this is my first pair of black jeans, and I don't know how much color is going to come out if I soak them first.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Especially if you have experience with black denim

No need to soak them since they are sanforized. I suggest maybe cuffing or stacking them. If you still want to hem them, break them in first since they stretch a lot and will most likely sit lower on your hips.

11. GreenFrog

I have a true size 31 waist and I'm trying to get some skulls 5010 6x6 in raw indigo. For reference, I wear sz 29 in Dior MIJ indigo, and 31 in nudie thin finns.

What size should I get in the skulls? I'm not going to soak them to shrink them, I'm just going to wear them from the get-go. Should I get a size 29 (waist of 30 to take stretching into consideration), or a size 30 (waist of 31)?

Also, BiG and selfedge have different size charts for the skulls. Which one is more accurate?

12. crosswound

crosswound Distinguished Member

skulls are sanforized they don't shrink far as i know.

13. GreenFrog

I know, which is why I don't plan on hot soaking them; it's pointless because it doesn't shrink anything that significantly, except for the inseam.

14. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior Member

i wanna buy some APC new standards in size 30, anyone have a thigh measurement for these?

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Dies anyone have experience with earnest sewn fulton? does this jeans strecht a lot? it has a tight fit or the front is big?

taks for your help

The dry version stretches like anything else, 1-2".
    i wanna buy some APC new standards in size 30, anyone have a thigh measurement for these?
    Context has measurements. So should the Farinelli thread. So should the APC thread.