1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Milky_Madison

Milky_Madison Member

Hi, I just bought a pair of H&M Sliq jeans. I want to know if they are raw or not. There look like the ones in this picture: [​IMG] They came with a tag that says: "There are Two lessons you should learn about newborn jeans: 1. Dark denim might make a white sofa blue. 2. You can expect 5% shrinkage." Alright so they a little bit long on the inseam (maybe 2" too long). I was wondering what would be the best way to "shrink" these jeans. And should I wash these regularly? I'm wondering about the raw part because they do not feel stiff or anything like that. They are however stiff compared to my super soft 7FAM lol.

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

I'd say they are raw. They probably are just not very starched if they aren't too stiff.

3. djs488

djs488 Senior member

I'd say they are raw. They probably are just not very starched if they aren't too stiff.
    +1, look raw to me.

4. otc

otc Senior member

[​IMG] Khaki 501 STF before shrinking. Should I keep them or return? I am leaning towards yes. If I keep them, should I cold soak for a few hours? Warm soak? Get in the bath with them? Never had a pair of STF before

5. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Should I keep them or return?
    If they're 30x34, you should sell them to me [​IMG]

6. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Does anybody have the picture that went around a while ago of one of the owners/designers of Levi's. It was from a magazine, and he was wearing really old dry Levi's that were ripped to hell and patched all over. They looked amazing. He was quite an older gent, but was rocking them.

Cheers.

7. redmanca

redmanca Member

Does anybody have the picture that went around a while ago of one of the owners/designers of Levi's. It was from a magazine, and he was wearing really old dry Levi's that were ripped to hell and patched all over. They looked amazing. He was quite an older gent, but was rocking them. Cheers.
    [​IMG] This one? Credit Conor

8. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Thats the one, thanks.

9. younglaw

younglaw Well-Known Member

10. enfaz

enfaz Member

I saw a backpocket design on a pair of jeans that I didn't recognize.

It was like the Dior Homme backpocket (A line radiating from the center, going outward) except instead of one line there were two.

Anyone know which brand this is from?

11. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

If I do a warm soak of my jeans in the washer instead of the bathtub, should I run the spin cycle as well to help start the drying process or should I let them drip dry?

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

If I do a warm soak of my jeans in the washer instead of the bathtub, should I run the spin cycle as well to help start the drying process or should I let them drip dry?

Crate Routes are sanforized, so there's really no point in soaking or drying them. Especially if you want to risk ruining the possibility of mad fadez down the road. I didn't soak my Hammis, just wore them for a week for the creases to set in before hemming.

How do you like the jeans, BTW?

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

When I soak my jeans I typically press out the water on my ex girlfriend's washboard stomach before hanging them up to dry. YMMV.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Crate Routes are sanforized, so there's really no point in soaking or drying them. Especially if you want to risk ruining the possibility of mad fadez down the road. I didn't soak my Hammis, just wore them for a week for the creases to set in before hemming.

How do you like the jeans, BTW?

These weren't for the Routes, haven't gotten those yet.

I was finally going to do a warm soak of my unsanforized Dry Bones/Sufu jeans to shrink up that waist and inseam.

15. whacked

whacked Senior member

These weren't for the Routes, haven't gotten those yet.

I was finally going to do a warm soak of my unsanforized Dry Bones/Sufu jeans to shrink up that waist and inseam.

Oh that makes sense. I'd warm soak and air dry them then. I would avoid the unnecessary agitation in dry spinning cycles if I can.

16. robbie

robbie Senior member

should I even try to help my fiance find jeans, i realize I know nothing about fit on lady jeans... but denim is denim so atleast some of the 'principles' I've learned here would apply right?

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

every time i see 'ymmv'... I think to myself 'you make me vommit'.

I dunno why.

18. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    I'm trying to shrink down a pair of Levi's 501 STF. I put them in a hot soak for 1.5 hours. The problem is the inseam didn't shrink nearly enough. MAYBE a little more than an inch. I need the inseam to be a least an inch more before they're wearable. Anyone have input on how to shrink them farther? I'm thinking another hot soak, but I figured I'd look for ideas before I took that step.

19. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

should I even try to help my fiance find jeans, i realize I know nothing about fit on lady jeans... but denim is denim so atleast some of the 'principles' I've learned here would apply right?
    PM MAURO.