• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they selvedge? If so Chainstich if you want to have proper roping fades at your hem...

If you don't care about roping, then get any normal hem stich. Or if they aren't selvedge, get any normal hem stich.

bcx

Reaction score
They are selvedge. Now I just have to find a place that does it.

changed

Reaction score
will one wash pretty much end all wear on a pair of jeans? I mean: if I wash them, will all progress stop after that?

I washed my Nudies @ 5 months inside out on Warm/Cold cycle in the washer, and not much wear is visible...

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Fading won't stop just because you've washed them once. How often and how long did you wear the jeans during that five month period? What were you doing while wearing the jeans? How visible was any fading before you washed them?

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor Quack
Fading won't stop just because you've washed them once.

How often and how long did you wear the jeans during that five month period? What were you doing while wearing the jeans? How visible was any fading before you washed them?

I wore them at least 6 days a week. The first month was spent in Germany, spilling beer, blood, and ***** on them. I've wore them to dozens of parties, have worn them running (drunk) a few times, then mostly wore them for the other 5 months at college (sitting in chairs, sleeping in the library, etc...)

I'm thinking I should just wear them all the time now (to bed, around the house, etc...)

A funny thing did happen when I washed them though: they actually look darker.

And pre wash, there were visible honeycombs. After, they were pretty much washed out
blush.gif

lycan

Reaction score
KMW are chain stitched and selvedge...so either way it won't matter?

bcx

Reaction score
If your jeans fit everywhere except the waist is a bit large, do you hope for shrinkage or size down 1 and hope for stretching?

Ringo

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the following pair of jeans: Dior MII 19cm from F/W '07, denim is blue/indigo, but then either dyed or painted black? I believe they are raw. Serial # is 7H3110520581-906. Specifically, I would like to know what they are called (e.g. nightfall, mist, etc.).

mumbai

Reaction score
should i sag less if i have a longer back rise cause a pair that i just got had like a 14 back rise and a 9 front rise and the usual ones that i get have like a 10 back rise and a 9ish front rise?

slappysloopy

Reaction score
I was wondering at what point you start to see fading on raw denim. I'm used to pre-washed jeans but I'm starting to see myself in a pair of raw denim and I think I'd like to put some work into my jeans for once.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappysloopy
I was wondering at what point you start to see fading on raw denim. I'm used to pre-washed jeans but I'm starting to see myself in a pair of raw denim and I think I'd like to put some work into my jeans for once.
There's no definitive answer (everything varies, from how people wear the jeans to what the denim manufacturers do). Just wear the jeans and be happy with the results. I'm sure you're familiar with the adage about the watched pot.
Originally Posted by changed
I'm thinking I should just wear them all the time now (to bed, around the house, etc...)
I don't think you'd need to go as far as sleeping them, but wearing them is about all you can do, unless you want to be drastic.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx
If your jeans fit everywhere except the waist is a bit large, do you hope for shrinkage or size down 1 and hope for stretching?
Depends on the intended fit/cut. If they're meant to be worn with an anti-fit then they're purposely made to be a little loose in the waist; if they're a regular cut then yes, size down one and stretch.
Originally Posted by mumbai
should i sag less if i have a longer back rise cause a pair that i just got had like a 14 back rise and a 9 front rise and the usual ones that i get have like a 10 back rise and a 9ish front rise?
Assuming you have a 32 waist, it's a bit of a challenge to sag anything with a 9" front rise. Who knows what kind of cut your jeans are.

mumbai

Reaction score
[/quote]Assuming you have a 32 waist, it's a bit of a challenge to sag anything with a 9" front rise. Who knows what kind of cut your jeans are.[/quote]

im actually not sure what my waist is. i measured all the waists of my jeans following the Blue in Green way and it measures 32 but the tags range from 28-30

so should it go higher or just wear it like i normally do?

bcx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Depends on the intended fit/cut. If they're meant to be worn with an anti-fit then they're purposely made to be a little loose in the waist; if they're a regular cut then yes, size down one and stretch.

KMW 2010

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads