1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

cheers http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=33 shows some new cures. they are a pretty similar fit though, besides the lower back pockets of the TF right?
    Similar but the rise on the TF is a bit longer to my eyes if I'm not mistaken along with the lower back pockets like you said. They're meant to be somewhat of an optical illusion in that they look slouched down when they're actually sitting perfectly on your waist. While not tapered, the Crate Sally also fits the bill on the skinny jean. The denim is light enough that it reminds me of a shorter rise, non-stretch TF. Just make sure you like the back pockets and lack of coin pocket. My pair has really grown on me but then I'm also having another pair made in selvage with the coin pocket and possibly lower back pockets as well.

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

mmm might stick with the thin finns then, since i already got a pair [​IMG] tho i didnt size down and i think i might regret that later.

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

mmm might stick with the thin finns then, since i already got a pair [​IMG] tho i didnt size down and i think i might regret that later.
    Actually, sticking to your true size is probably the best bet. I'm sure there are others besides GetSmart and myself that can vouch for that.

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I'm a broke high school student. I have a pair of ESEF Ori size 30 (starts at 29" but stretches to the tagged size) that I love. As of now I'm thinking of getting these: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d_dry_grey.php The rise on the Academis is much lower. Do you guys think a size 28 Academi would fit me well? 5'8" and 145 pounds.

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Actually, sticking to your true size is probably the best bet. I'm sure there are others besides GetSmart and myself that can vouch for that.

its weird tho, my size 31 TFs measure out to 32s. stupid vanity sizing. did you find the same?

7. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with the PBJ xx-007? I am trying to figure out what size to get and if the rise is ball bustingly low? I know BIG has measurements on their site but I've seen a couple pics of people wearing them and they didn't seem to be the 9inch Rise like BIG says. So im kind of confused. Anyone can offer any help to me just PM me or post back here. Thanks I would really appreciate it. BTW, Im about 5'7-5'8 165 wear a 30 in RRDS 29 in APC if that means anything.

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

its weird tho, my size 31 TFs measure out to 32s. stupid vanity sizing. did you find the same?
    I've honestly never measured them straight out. I just know they fit like tagged 32's.

9. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I have APC NS and love them. What Nudie denim fits most like the NS when sized down 2.5? Slim Jim?

10. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

after lurking around here and at SF, it seems that most people try to get awesome fades and contrast, and flathead seems to be the winner in the category.

but i'm wondering what's the toughest jean to get fades on? i love the dark raw feel and would like to keep it for as long as possible. i hear that iron hearts are pretty tough, any others i should consider?

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

after lurking around here and at SF, it seems that most people try to get awesome fades and contrast, and flathead seems to be the winner in the category.

but i'm wondering what's the toughest jean to get fades on? i love the dark raw feel and would like to keep it for as long as possible. i hear that iron hearts are pretty tough, any others i should consider?

45rpm, PBJ, 5ep (non-SF variety), etc. are notorious for their anti-fading properties.

12. amlai

amlai Senior member

but i'm wondering what's the toughest jean to get fades on? i love the dark raw feel and would like to keep it for as long as possible.
    I'm not sure you'll get the texture of raw to stay around for a long time, but with just about any of the natural indigo jeans you probably won't get much of a fade. Most are dipped so many times that the indigo goes almost all the way to the core.

13. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

I'm not sure you'll get the texture of raw to stay around for a long time, but with just about any of the natural indigo jeans you probably won't get much of a fade. Most are dipped so many times that the indigo goes almost all the way to the core.

true, but after seeing so many pics of jeans being worn to a bleached white, it kinda reminds me of those crappy pre-distressed denim that are sand blasted to hell, which is pretty repulsive to me. i dont really mind about the raw texture going away, just as long as it stays dark with only subtle fades

14. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

i also hear that there's not really a noticeable difference between natural indigo vs synthetic indigo, according to SuFu's encyclopedia

15. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

true, but after seeing so many pics of jeans being worn to a bleached white, it kinda reminds me of those crappy pre-distressed denim that are sand blasted to hell, which is pretty repulsive to me. i dont really mind about the raw texture going away, just as long as it stays dark with only subtle fades

Just never wash them...Dry cleaning + good denim = [​IMG]

16. amlai

amlai Senior member

i also hear that there's not really a noticeable difference between natural indigo vs synthetic indigo, according to SuFu's encyclopedia

Right... it's just that since the threads are dyed almost to the core, you have to wear down a lot more of the surface in order to get any noticeable fade.

17. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

what would come out with sicker fades
    thin finns in dry stretch or some new cures?
    i was some super tapered jeans and cant decide between the two.

i think thin finns are cut a bit looser in the thighs which would probably be better for me. any thoughts?

I don't have much experience w/ nudies, but I can definately vouch for my Dior MIJ raws retaining their color (with more wear, no less), than my APC new cures did.

18. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

Just never wash them...Dry cleaning + good denim = [​IMG]

wish i could do that but considering i'm still in school, i don't really get the chance to go to the dry cleaners

5ep, pbj, 45rpm, iron heart, any other suggestions?

19. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Senior member

do the 19 cm and 21 cm diors differ in thigh measurements?

20. totally epic

totally epic Senior member