I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

you could try pbj as they're pretty tight in the thighs, but stretch out eventually. i also hear bootcut ola is pretty tight in thighs too

find a pair that fits your thighs well and measure from the crotch inseam (whatever that joint seam is called, sorry for my lack of sartorial knowledge) to the outseam in which the tape is perpendicular to the outseam and you can compare that measurement to other jeans that are from styleforum's affiliates. though don't expect the thighs to not stretch unless you plan on keeping your legs straight forever

now my turn

does anyone have any experience with sda's d-1336?
    and what's the difference between their 2xx denim and their 3xx denim?

2. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

So I live in Chicago and was unfortunately caught in kind of a snowstorm while I was walking outside in my ~2 week old New Cures. I don't seem to have lost much indigo, but the denim doesn't feel quite as rigid as it did before it got snow on.

I wasn't planning on starching, but after this, I think I might. First of all, is having denim (somewhat) heavily snowed/rained upon bad for fading? Also, what kind of starch do you recommend using? Just the regular spay-on starch from the grocery store? Finally, is it ok to only starch at the whiskers & honeycombs, or would that end up making the denim look weird?

3. wikiwiz

wikiwiz Well-Known Member

what shoes to wear with APC NS? I am looking for a casual shoes (no sneakers) to wear with my navy wool coat.

Thanks!

4. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

no sneakers, eh? when you say casual, I'm assuming you're also ruling out all dress shoes/boots? what about sneakers that aren't athletically inspired or "dress" shoes/boots with a generally informal vibe? check out common projects and apc for the sneakers or paul smith for the dress shoes.

any tips on my previous question?

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

wmmk,

You'll be fine. Stop worrying about your jeans.

6. bohn

bohn Well-Known Member

I am looking for a jean that has a slim thigh with a more generous leg opening (by generous I mean more straight or slight boot then a taper). This seems to be the ideal fit for my strange body shape. I have a few pairs of slim jims that fit me very close to how I like them but unless I size down uncomfortably the thighs still end up baggy. Not to seem fixated on nudie but I noticed they have a new narrow boot fit which I would like to try on but almost seems a parody in the extreme of what I am looking for. Anyone have any ideas?
    I own a pair which I will recommend to you.. slimmer thigh.. very slight bootcut. Lovely.. [​IMG] http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...id=28&vmcchk=1 I got a size 31 in these.. and I am a 30 in Regular ralfs for some reference..

7. premo

premo Senior member

IH634S VS FH380

Which should I get? Forget the denim weight.

8. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Senior member

Just trying to get some opinions ... left leg shows the jeans as they are, and I've folded the inseam by 2.5" on the right to show what the stacking would look like if I had the jeans hemmed by 2.5"... [​IMG] Which one looks better? Left (unhemmed) or right (shortened)?

9. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

What are some denims that fit similar to the Ande Whall Cougar's that will tend to stay dark? Here's a size chart for the Cougar's since I know not many people here have them [​IMG]

10. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

SKULL 5010XX 6x6 RAW
    are these supposed to shrink to the same measurements as one wash, or have they actually created two different cuts (Raw) and (one-wash)... cause I hot soaked these things for 2 hours, didn't shirnk too much

11. Grant

Grant Member

Does anyone know of a place to get japanese denim in Paris? Sugarcane, Imperial, Flathead etc..

12. djs488

djs488 Senior member

I am looking for a jean that has a slim thigh with a more generous leg opening (by generous I mean more straight or slight boot then a taper). This seems to be the ideal fit for my strange body shape.

I have a few pairs of slim jims that fit me very close to how I like them but unless I size down uncomfortably the thighs still end up baggy.

Not to seem fixated on nudie but I noticed they have a new narrow boot fit which I would like to try on but almost seems a parody in the extreme of what I am looking for.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would suggest the nudie straight sven. Slim in the thigh and more generous leg opening.

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

SKULL 5010XX 6x6 RAW
    are these supposed to shrink to the same measurements as one wash, or have they actually created two different cuts (Raw) and (one-wash)... cause I hot soaked these things for 2 hours, didn't shirnk too much

they are sanforized so they aren't supposed to shrink much. i've hear some guys say they can get 2 inches or so shrinkage from the inseam though

14. caff

caff Well-Known Member

So I live in Chicago and was unfortunately caught in kind of a snowstorm while I was walking outside in my ~2 week old New Cures. I don't seem to have lost much indigo, but the denim doesn't feel quite as rigid as it did before it got snow on.

I wasn't planning on starching, but after this, I think I might. First of all, is having denim (somewhat) heavily snowed/rained upon bad for fading? Also, what kind of starch do you recommend using? Just the regular spay-on starch from the grocery store? Finally, is it ok to only starch at the whiskers & honeycombs, or would that end up making the denim look weird?

Don't worry about it; I've walked through blizzards and worse all the time. They'd eventually get less rigid anyway.