I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. theom-

theom- Senior member

Do you even bother searching this thread?

Yes because i will read over 150 pages full of posts.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Yes because i will read over 150 pages full of posts.
    Funny, I could swear this thread, and this entire forum as a matter of fact, has a search function.

3. bohn

bohn Well-Known Member

I am looking to get Samurai S512XXBC .. I am a 31 in Studio D'Artisan D1002. Should I get a 31 or 32? I am told they run small.

4. mrkr0

mrkr0 New Member

These are 32s, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to size down in these APCs, but I'm not sure if I should go for the 30s or 31s. Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]

5. Enigma89

Enigma89 Well-Known Member

So I have a pair of Nudie Dry Blacks. After about 8 months of wear I washed them and they have gotten a bit lighter. In the honey combs area the black has been taken out and now there is a very dark blue. No real contrast but they are getting broken in. I am wondering how much more should I wear them before I break them in? One of the best pairs of Dry Blacks I have seen was washed 3 times in a year, so should I follow suit?

6. whodini

These are 32s, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to size down in these APCs, but I'm not sure if I should go for the 30s or 31s. Any thoughts?
    It'd help to know what waist size you usually get and also if those are NS or Rescues.
    So I have a pair of Nudie Dry Blacks. After about 8 months of wear I washed them and they have gotten a bit lighter. In the honey combs area the black has been taken out and now there is a very dark blue. No real contrast but they are getting broken in. I am wondering how much more should I wear them before I break them in? One of the best pairs of Dry Blacks I have seen was washed 3 times in a year, so should I follow suit?
    You just gotta keep wearing them in and a four more months wouldn't hurt.

The problem is that sometimes people expect to have these incredibly faded jeans the day they hit six months and it just don't work that way. On a few pairs of mine after the six-month soak it seemed like it took a few more months before they REALLY started to fade.

7. acw816

acw816 Senior member

i just got these routes in size 30 (true to size) what do you guys think of the fit? i still have to get them hemmed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mrkr0

mrkr0 New Member

It'd help to know what waist size you usually get and also if those are NS or Rescues.

I usually wear 33s in Levi's. Those are New Standards. Besides having about an inch of room in the waist, they felt very baggy in the legs. Will that be fixed if I size properly, or should I try the New Cures? For comparison, 514s in 33s feel pretty baggy as well. I probably should've asked these questions before ordering, but oh well. Thanks for responding.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i just got these routes in size 30 (true to size) what do you guys think of the fit? i still have to get them hemmed.

tbh, I think they look a bit big on you. does the waist fit fine? the rest of it looks loose, which is ok if you want it like that, but ideally you could go down a size

10. whodini

Well, you should have sized down two on the APC NS. That's the golden rule. If they still feel baggy in the legs then yeah, NC is your next option if you're sticking with APC. If 514s feel baggy to you then you should probably go straight to NC sized down one two depending on how tight you want them to be in the waist/want them to stretch. Go to http://contextclothing.com/ and check out the measurements so you can compare them to your NS.

11. mrkr0

mrkr0 New Member

Well, you should have sized down two on the APC NS. That's the golden rule.

If they still feel baggy in the legs then yeah, NC is your next option if you're sticking with APC. If 514s feel baggy to you then you should probably go straight to NC sized down one two depending on how tight you want them to be in the waist/want them to stretch.

Go to http://contextclothing.com/ and check out the measurements so you can compare them to your NS.

If I can get something in a similar price range, I'm not too concerned about sticking with APC (though it seems like they're the best intro to raw denim). Do you know of any way to find the measurements for the NC 32s? I'd like the waist and thighs to be a little loose, but tighter from the knee down.

12. whodini

I gave you the link...

13. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I can't tell, I got a size 32 Nudie SJ and I can button and zip everything perfectly but do feel a little tightness. Should I have gotten a 31 or is the 32 good enough?

14. whodini

What's your usual size?

15. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

typically 33, occasionally 34.