1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Johnnyscans

Johnnyscans Well-Known Member

/cheers for the detailed response.
    I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of s5000s

2. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

^^^ Looks pretty painted on around the thighs.
    Yeah, they're pretty tight there, but not uncomfortable, and I expect them to stretch. I don't plan on ever washing them, so we'll see how it goes.

3. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

How long are APC's inseam?

4. onion

onion Senior member

34"

5. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

on all of them even the smaller sizes?

When you wash them do they shrink down

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Shrinkage on APC is minimal.

Just do what everyone do and get the jeans hemmed to your desire inseam. Costs anywhere between $5-25 depends on who does it / where you live.

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Looking to pick up a nice pair of black jeans to give my blues a much needed break. I have a pair of Rescues (sized down 2-3) that I love the fit of, so I'd prefer something similar. I've heard great things about Skull, and the 50-10 Blacks look to be what I'm looking for. How will these, bought true to size, compare to my sized down Rescues.

/cheers for the detailed response.
    I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of s5000s

WAIT!!!!

I completely forgot - Ande Whall is coming out with black jeans. Buy those instead. You'll probably want the Cougar Bootcut - everything else is tapered. $200, even more under the radar than Skull/Sam/PBJ, killer construction, handmade, dope, etc. etc.

Peep details/measurements on his site.

8. thedamnscott

thedamnscott Senior member

Depends on the waist size, I have sz 32 NS and their inseam is a 36.

9. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

Anyone has used hemming service at Blue in Green? How does it look after hemming? close to the original hem?

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Sorta looking for a summer friendly jean, you know roll them up a tad and throw on some boat shoes. I wear only APCs now and they can get a bit heavy for Floridas crazy heat/humidity. Some grey NDG jeans were on my mind but I also want an Indigo denim. I'd prefer selvage cotton but I understand thats heavy.

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Sorta looking for a summer friendly jean, you know roll them up a tad and throw on some boat shoes. I wear only APCs now and they can get a bit heavy for Floridas crazy heat/humidity. Some grey NDG jeans were on my mind but I also want an Indigo denim. I'd prefer selvage cotton but I understand thats heavy.
    What about EG's 8oz denim? Or Jean Shop's chambray jean? Personally, I broke down and bought a pair of sand RRL slimboots for the summer.

12. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Other than Evisus what brands, or models, still come with a crotch rivet?

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^LVC 501 , all models pre 37. 201s. 30s style Lee edwins, Edwin nashville

14. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

15. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Anyone has used hemming service at Blue in Green? How does it look after hemming? close to the original hem?

Exactly like the original hem. If you're detail-obsessed, it's worth the $$.

Dude, just wear shorts. That's what they're for. After joining SF I was briefly a part of the anti-short faction...and then I moved to da Souf and was like fuck this.

16. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Other than Evisus what brands, or models, still come with a crotch rivet?
    Also, PRPS, Takumi and Dry Bones, on certain models. I'm sure there are others.

17. whacked

whacked Senior member

Personally, I broke down and bought a pair of sand RRL slimboots for the summer.

So you gave up on finding The Perfect Grey Denimâ„¢? [​IMG]

Grey > Sand, IMHO at least, given that it takes certain will power to wear indigo over grey these days. For the off-white to light brown color range, I much prefer linen or chino.

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

So you gave up on finding The Perfect Grey Denimâ„¢? [​IMG]

Grey > Sand, IMHO at least, given that it takes certain will power to wear indigo over grey these days. For the off-white to light brown color range, I much prefer linen or chino.

I'm still looking for that grey pair (fucking rb better reproduce that 15) but I happen to have knowledge of some high-end exclusive shit coming down the pipe... Sand>Grey, IMHO, since I actually go to the beach on occasion and live in a tropical climate. Besides, there's nothing wrong with having both. Pic of the selv sand: [​IMG]

19. Squall.Leonhart

Squall.Leonhart Well-Known Member

I have a 23" thigh, but want to wear something that's a little more tapered. I like the Petite Standard and Grim Tim, what others should I look at?

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

I have a 23" thigh, but want to wear something that's a little more tapered. I like the Petite Standard and Grim Tim, what others should I look at?
    Jean Shop Skinnys really aren't all that skinny and have a great cut/fit. In comparison, Grim Tims feel slimmer. Rag & Bone has quite a few jeans out that might fit the bill. Crate makes the Route jean which fits around your PS/Grim Tim price range.