• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Size down whatever it takes to choke off your sperm count dude.
Originally Posted by Markk
To size down three from a normal size 30 waist, for some APC NS, what size should I order from The Denim Bar?
Yeah, you think this will do it, Esteban?

Size down two, Markk. 30-2=28. Don't regret life.

Markk

Reaction score
I've made up my mind, I want to size down three, man. And, I have no idea if The Denim Bar's size chart just goes by tagged size, or true waist size.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Markk
I've made up my mind, I want to size down three, man. And, I have no idea if The Denim Bar's size chart just goes by tagged size, or true waist size.
Uh... Usually when a store sells merchandise they sell by the tagged size. Enjoy your future non-children!

Markk

Reaction score
Hey, thanks! Looks like I'll be ordering the 26x34, as that's the equivalent to sizing down three.

Markk

Reaction score
You say this in an e-condecending tone. Anything wrong with my purchase aside from the aforementioned sizing issue?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I think he's pointing out the fact that you called Denimbar "Denim Bar."

Stick around, and you'll learn to love Who's e-condescension.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
^^I think he's pointing out the fact that you called Denimbar "Denim Bar." Stick around, and you'll learn to love Who's e-condescension.
That was not what I was suggesting at all.

alorable

Reaction score
i was hoping to find an answer from researching this thread, but it's just too long to read every post...

anyways, im looking preferably for a size 33 or 32 filippa k m. ryan and m. sam raw denim or an equivalent. i realize they were a season or two back, but any help locating a pair would be greatly appreciated.

im basically looking for a raw/selvedge slim strait jean with a 7.5-8.5 hem opening, minimalist and classy.

what are the possible equivalents?

-a.p.c. new standards or rescue?
-nom de guerre classic?
-acne mic raw or max raw?
-nudie strait sven or even steven?

thanks in advance!!

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Can't help you locating the Filippa K, but as far as suggestions for similar jeans that fit your criteria (slim straight, selvedge, minimalist / easily dressed up), each with their own caveats. In no particular order:

- APC New Standard: there's a slight taper from knee down
- Crate Route: 11-12 oz selvedge denim, might be not hefty enough depending on where you live. If you're okay with lower rises, Crate Journal fit the billl and are made of heavier denim.
- NDG Classic: medium - high rise. A tad slimmer than the NS and only come in even size, so size up if you're in between sizes.
- Acne Mic Raw: do not fade as nicely as others.
- Rag & Bone RB11/15: lighter weight denim, similar to Crate Route.

Nudie Straight Sven or Average Joe aren't very minimalist, unless you plan to have both the backpocket stitching and contrast stitching throughout the jeans removed.

Seanallen

Reaction score
I was looking at the Raw Denim on a budget thread and figured I might pick up a pair of 501's STF to have around seeing as Im really low on cash and I need a pair, anyways.
Do I have to size down?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads