1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Got a pair of RRLs but there's something weird going on in the back. It's sticking out or something. Anyone know what causes this? I tried sagging and pulling it way up but no matter where the jeans sit, it sticks out in the back.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

It looks like a combination of things, like they're still too stiff and not fitted enough. Did you size up?

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Where can I find comparison pics between AW's darker indigo and the soft (sanforized) jeans?

4. dmitrydmitry

dmitrydmitry Member

hey would anyone be able to tell me what company makes the jeans in the picture below and what type they are like model to be precise

[​IMG]

thanks

5. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

It looks like a combination of things, like they're still too stiff and not fitted enough. Did you size up?

They are pretty stiff but I think I got the sizing right. They're snug but so tight that it's difficult to button.

6. TheFedora

TheFedora Senior member

Ok looked at some 38x30 Levi STF jeans today. I tried them on they still looked REALLY REALLY baggy and still very long. Can anyone assure me that they will shrink so that it looks like they form fit to my legs? Because of my large waist (yet normal size legs) I'm sick of baggy pants!

7. starcrash

starcrash Senior member

Ok looked at some 38x30 Levi STF jeans today. I tried them on they still looked REALLY REALLY baggy and still very long. Can anyone assure me that they will shrink so that it looks like they form fit to my legs? Because of my large waist (yet normal size legs) I'm sick of baggy pants!
    Find some skinny jeans and size way up to fit your waist. Also, why not have your jeans tailored to fit exactly the way you want them? Having a pair of jeans tapered slimmer in the leg is a pretty easy job.

8. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

No. If you want them to "form fit to [your] legs" then you'll need to start out somewhat close to that type of fit pre-soak. They will shrink but it's not overly dramatic. Soaking STF jeans would account for reducing any "looseness" but not "baggyness". Does that make sense? Sounds like you're asking a little bit of water to do a whole lot.

9. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

They are pretty stiff but I think I got the sizing right. They're snug but so tight that it's difficult to button.

If they are tight in the waist yet they are still baggy like that everywhere else then you're going to get an odd backside bulge...that's what baggy/relaxed-fit pants do.

10. TheFedora

TheFedora Senior member

What can I HONESTLY expect as far as shrinkage goes in the length?

I need to choose between 38 (wish there was 37!) x 29 or 38x30.

My inseam is literally like 25"... bleh!

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

If they are tight in the waist yet they are still baggy like that everywhere else then you're going to get an odd backside bulge...that's what baggy/relaxed-fit pants do.

So I probably shouldn't go for relaxed fit jeans anymore. But I have big thighs so slim fit jeans don't work for me either, what kind of cut should I get then?

12. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

damnt! no wonder my pant legs are always baggy.. I'm not a fat guy but I wear fat guy pants!

crap I need to lose more weight

How in the world can you be a 38 waist and 25 inseam and not be traditionally fat? I feel I need a picture. But until we get that, you'll have to squeeze your non-fat waist into a pair of 36's or smaller. Don't worry about the inseam because at 25" you're either going to have to hem or just keep the truly epic stacking you're bound to end up with.

13. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

So I probably shouldn't go for relaxed fit jeans anymore. But I have big thighs so slim fit jeans don't work for me either, what kind of cut should I get then?

I feel like I hear this a lot. I don't feel I have big thighs (they aren't Kodiak skinny either) myself so I don't think I could give you a good answer. I do, however, hold the opinion that most people think they have big thighs while they actually do not. Those pics you posted showed plenty (more than plenty) of room in the thighs so I suspect you could work most cuts this side of Eason's side-down-three Somets.

14. TheFedora

TheFedora Senior member

How in the world can you be a 38 waist and 25 inseam and not be traditionally fat? I feel I need a picture. But until we get that, you'll have to squeeze your non-fat waist into a pair of 36's or smaller. Don't worry about the inseam because at 25" you're either going to have to hem or just keep the truly epic stacking you're bound to end up with.

Hell if I know.

I'm mean I guess I'm fat.. but I look normal ya know? LIke the upper limit of how a person looks when they're "normal"... Just short short legs I guess I just don't get it.. short ass legs
    Err yeah my waist is 36 but Im getting 38 for the STFs

15. TrekTheWorld

TrekTheWorld Active Member

Those look way to big for you. I had the same thing happen with my Spurrs, I just bought them to big.

16. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Thoughts on the Bootcut Barry Nudies in Cold Denim? I usually prefer a low-rise, slim fit bootcut. Will these fit the bill? I am a 32 waist normally. What size should I go for?

Oh, and best place to find them???

Edit- Nevermind. I realize those are prewash and the Bootcut Barrys aren't as well reviewed as the RRDS. Should I go for RRDS or 5ep low down boot for my first pair?

17. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Thoughts on the Bootcut Barry Nudies in Cold Denim? I usually prefer a low-rise, slim fit bootcut. Will these fit the bill? I am a 32 waist normally. What size should I go for? Oh, and best place to find them??? Edit- Nevermind. I realize those are prewash and the Bootcut Barrys aren't as well reviewed as the RRDS. Should I go for RRDS or 5ep low down boot for my first pair?
    This might be the best question you've asked yet! Go with the 5EP LDB...it's the least boot-cutty of the boot cuts...which is a good thing (many would say a very good thing). SF member Augusto## wears these a lot, search WAYWT for some of his fit pics. He makes them look like a boot cut I might want to buy. Oh and 5EP blows Nudie out of the water in terms of denim. Nudie is a good transition denim but let's be honest, you're not exactly buying a sport bike here, it's just pants. Go for the gold the first time! Sizing is a whole other issue. First, make sure you're really a 32. I'll stop answering all your questions now and give someone else a try.

18. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

What can I HONESTLY expect as far as shrinkage goes in the length? I need to choose between 38 (wish there was 37!) x 29 or 38x30. My inseam is literally like 25"... bleh!
    How tall are you? You cannot be a normal-sized adult male (and when I saw normal, I mean anything over 5') with a 25" inseam. And if you really do have a 25" inseam and a 38" waist then you aren't fat--you are morbidly obese. A picture would make this all clearer.

19. TheFedora

TheFedora Senior member

How tall are you? You cannot be a normal-sized adult male (and when I saw normal, I mean anything over 5') with a 25" inseam. And if you really do have a 25" inseam and a 38" waist then you aren't fat--you are morbidly obese.

A picture would make this all clearer.

I'm 5'5.5.. maybe 5'6.. maybe 5'7 with shoes on

I would say I'm normalsized, for sure. Just chunky and overweight.. Definitely not what you would think of when you think of a fat guy..

Well I measured the pants I have on right now.. they've been hemmed so they fit just about right.. and they were 25-26" from the middle of the inside of the pants to the bottom

Again it's a 36" waist.. the 38" is because I'm sizing up for the STFs

Ok pics since I know you guys wanna see how fat I am.. damn you and your fast metabolisms and good diets..
    But still I think this is kind of pointless? I know I'm overweight.. It'll be gone eventually.

With pants pulled up
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...22000/fat1.jpg
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...22000/fat2.jpg
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...22000/fat3.jpg
    http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...22000/fat4.jpg

satisfied?

20. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

If you are 5'7" (or even 5'5") I find it hard to believe you have a 25" inseam. Are you sure you are measuring correctly? I have friends who are only 5'3" and they still have a 28" inseam.