I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. SilentEdge

SilentEdge Active Member

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

what's the appeal or functionality of the cinchback on some models like for example sugarcane edo ai jeans?

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

what's the appeal or functionality of the cinchback on some models like for example sugarcane edo ai jeans?

Its kinda like a belt, but you don't need a belt

4. phreak

phreak Senior member

does it replace a belt? wouldnt you get scrunched up jeans with the cinch?

i wouldnt want anything fuxing up my fadez

5. whacked

whacked Senior member

does it replace a belt? wouldnt you get scrunched up jeans with the cinch?

i wouldnt want anything fuxing up my fadez

You'll still get mad fadez. No, mad fadez with character.

But seriously, it's a repro thing.

6. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

I have a question about the 3 jeans on the homepage of 5ep (http://www.5ep.com).

Are the jeans, from left to right - 1) Worn, 2) Resin, 3)Raw? Also, are they a true representation of the actual colors.

7. djs488

djs488 Senior member

looking for something that fits exactly like the nudie AJ sized down 1. Most importantly, needs to have a hem 8" or just slightly less. Looking for a heavier jean. Do you think Dior 21cm or Acne mics will fit the bill?

8. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

Looking for a new pair of jeans. I love the fit on my ajdh but I'd like a slightly smaller leg opening since they tend to go past the back of my chucks and get walked on. Any suggestions?

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I have a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch jeans.

I love the color of these jeans as is, and I honestly don't care THAT much about fading and making my jeans unique.

I kind of want to maintain this dark indigo color. Is there anyway I can do this, or will they fade over time no matter what?

10. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

looking for something that fits exactly like the nudie AJ sized down 1. Most importantly, needs to have a hem 8" or just slightly less. Looking for a heavier jean. Do you think Dior 21cm or Acne mics will fit the bill?

I have both the AJ and the Mics. The Mics are close in fit, but a bit lower rise and a little more fitted from the knee down.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I have a pair of Nudie Thin Finn Dry Stretch jeans. I love the color of these jeans as is, and I honestly don't care THAT much about fading and making my jeans unique. I kind of want to maintain this dark indigo color. Is there anyway I can do this, or will they fade over time no matter what?
    You could...not wear them. They'll stay dark as long as you don't wash them but eventually they're going to fade no matter what.

12. kidtwist91

kidtwist91 Well-Known Member

13. whodini

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=590

what do you guys think? i don't like super skinny jeans (worried about the APC NS) but want something to flatter may athletic body (girls say i have an awesome ass).

The Squires are not skinny by any means. If you want somewhat of a fuller cut than APC NS then they would be a good option.

14. SilentEdge

SilentEdge Active Member

Hello again, I got my pair of Nudie Straight Svens in Dry Selvage, but now I have another couple questions about the break in. They came as a 34 inseam, I usually wear a 32, so I had it hemmed to just under 33 and they fit great. It's been 3 full days of wear, and now I have really, really bad knee boobs! Is that supposed to happen? They are so bad that they almost flop over onto my shins...

Here is a picture from paint to illustrate my point (I couldn't find my camera last night and now I'm at work [​IMG] ):

[​IMG]

Is there anything I can do to stop these or will they settle down on their own over time?

Also, I play water polo and I'm in the pool an awful lot, and I don't always have time or a way to rinse off after practice. What effect will chlorine have on the break-in process? Thanks!

[​IMG]

15. whodini

They are normal. Embrace them now as they will disappear over the years but like real boobs.