1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Listi

Listi Senior member

What do you guys think about the fit of these jeans?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They are new-ish. I've worn them for no more than 2 weeks. But they are really tight [​IMG]

I am debating if I should just sell them...

EDIT: these are thin finn dry stretch. I guess because they are stretchy jeans, they haven't really stretched out as much as I expected.

Don't sell em, that fit looks excellent.

2. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

Can anyone please suggest me some slim fitting raw, indigo jeans that are ~$200 (incl. international shipping) other than Ande Whall's creations? I'd like some options to choose from.
    Important - long (36" or maybe more) inseam. If I wasn't a tall bastard I'd be a happy camper tbh. :/

GKL - you can find 19cm Dior raws for 200-220 if you look hard enough.
    thanks, but that would probably require quite a bit of looking around. And since MII Diors aren't known (from what I've read) for their quality for the price, Ande Whall's Grifters it is! I think. Maybe some other options? Too many nice (and cheap) jeans have 34" inseams. [​IMG]

3. Theory

Theory Senior member

It would? Look in the market here.. theres like 2-3 pair in the $200 range that are MIJ. Same with Sufu.

4. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

hmm, but that's usually without shipping. And in small sizes.
    But I'll keep an eye out on the marketplace

5. Theory

Theory Senior member

what size do you need?

6. billionaireboy

billionaireboy Senior member

quick question

putting my jeans in the dryer will not affect the indigo/ future fading properties correct? I was planning to do a hot soak and throwing them in the dryer on high since I would like to get the max shrinkage out.

thanks

7. father's room

father's room Senior member

Flat Head F380, is it okay to size down 1 or 2? how much does it stretch?

8. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

quick question

putting my jeans in the dryer will not affect the indigo/ future fading properties correct? I was planning to do a hot soak and throwing them in the dryer on high since I would like to get the max shrinkage out.

thanks

No piece of clothing I care about will ever touch a dryer. The hot soak should be good enough.

9. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

what size do you need?
    According to the SuFu guide, probably something like 32 or maybe 31. My waist is a bit over 34". Vanity sizing + lots of stretching is dumb.

10. Zenaku

Zenaku Member

Just another few questions

1) My new APC NS's (about half a week old) have random little pieces of lint coming out of it... this is my first pair of raw denim jeans, is this normal?

2) I'm generally more of a straight fit kind of guy... does anybody have any recommendations for a good pair of straight fits? Price really isn't an issue .

To be more specific on the type of fit I would prefer... my current favorite pair of jeans are the d&g r50136... according to the tag it's a regular fit, low rise and straight hips legs and bottom

11. cbass

cbass New Member

hi,

i am just starting to move away from the baggy pant style and i am looking for a nice relaxed fit but i am never sure where to look...

i would like selvedge denim, maybe raw, and it needs to be roomy in the seat and sneaker fit at the bottom. maybe even tapered a little bit, since most straight legs sem to look funky on me.

any body have any suggestions where to look??

sebastian

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

So, i have some real cheap £25 raw denims that i got from topman. They are a very very nice fit for my body, im tall and thin, 6ft 1 and about 140lb. Ive been wearing them a month and like the whole raw denim thing.

My question is, would it be worth getting a pair of APCs or Nudies? They cant really fit any better than my cheap jeans, but would thye produce cooler fades or look noticeably better?

13. whacked

whacked Senior member

Just another few questions

1) My new APC NS's (about half a week old) have random little pieces of lint coming out of it... this is my first pair of raw denim jeans, is this normal?

2) I'm generally more of a straight fit kind of guy... does anybody have any recommendations for a good pair of straight fits? Price really isn't an issue .

To be more specific on the type of fit I would prefer... my current favorite pair of jeans are the d&g r50136... according to the tag it's a regular fit, low rise and straight hips legs and bottom

1) Yes.

2) Crate Squire / Hamilton
    Samurai S5000VX

hi,

i am just starting to move away from the baggy pant style and i am looking for a nice relaxed fit but i am never sure where to look...

i would like selvedge denim, maybe raw, and it needs to be roomy in the seat and sneaker fit at the bottom. maybe even tapered a little bit, since most straight legs sem to look funky on me.

any body have any suggestions where to look??

sebastian

APC New Standard, sized down 1 instead of the usual 2.

Kicking Mule Workshop 1950

LVC, Sugarcanes, Studio D'Artisan, other repro makers etc.

So, i have some real cheap £25 raw denims that i got from topman. They are a very very nice fit for my body, im tall and thin, 6ft 1 and about 140lb. Ive been wearing them a month and like the whole raw denim thing.

My question is, would it be worth getting a pair of APCs or Nudies? They cant really fit any better than my cheap jeans, but would thye produce cooler fades or look noticeably better?

Provided you do enough research, nicer jeans might just fit better; remember that your own definition of a perfect fit will change over time. And yes, definitely greater potential for fades and general appearance once broken in, and the denim just feels better in some cases.

14. robbie

robbie Senior member

I was in the mall wandering around and went into forever 21. Their Jeans are suprisingly made in USA. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them at all.

15. Bislane

Bislane Senior member

^ There have been a couple threads about F21 and it seemed like the consensus was that most of their stuff is pretty shit quality and/or fit but that a few exceptions could exist. For jeans I personally wouldn't waste the money experimenting when I could spend it toward a pair that I know will be of better quality, fit, construction, etc.

16. greasypeanut

greasypeanut Well-Known Member

so my new years resolution was to give my balls a break and purchase some non slim fit jeans. and i happened to pass a marshalls on my way home from a relatives and they had some rrl straight fit for 50 bucks. these are my first pair of nice distressed (barely) jeans and i have two questions. 1. is the distressing ok? the inseam is a 34 and im only 5'8" 5'9" the distressing is like an inch below compared to my raw slim jims. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t/DSC_0003.jpg 2. is it normal for only one leg to have leg twist, esp on new jeans?

17. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

I sized down two from my true waist size(31) for my diors 21cm MIJ. After stretching for a month, I still feel like they're too slim of a cut for me so I'm wondering if sizing down one on APC NS to a sz 30 will create a looser fit than the diors but still slim. Or should I still stick with the sizing down two? Thanks

18. Bislane

Bislane Senior member

^ A lot of people say you should size down an extra size on APCs from your Dior size to achieve a similar fit since APCs stretch a ton. So in this case if you sized down two on the APC, you'd still end up with a looser fit eventually since they'll stretch more.

19. Colour it in

Colour it in New Member

Forgive my ignorance on this, but I was given the ASOS raw denim jeans for Christmas and was wondering whether these are sanforized or not?
    Thanks

20. bcx

bcx Senior member

Should I get KMWs chainstitched or regular hem?