• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

NotCreative

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a pair of jeans that fit similar to Levis 512 but with a lower rise? 512s fit good in the legs, but since I wear my jeans lower they looks strange with the high rise.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

Looking for a slim raw/selvedge denim recommendation <$250. For reference, I currently am wearing RRL slim fit rigids

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-fit-rigid-selvedge-jean/86417.html

they are excellent but it's time for a new pair. Looking at raw with a similar fit as my RRL but don't know where to start. I see the main brands like 3S, flat head, Rogue, N&F, etc., but not sure which one I should go with since I don't live in NYC/LA and can't exactly go into a store and try them on.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this side of the forum dead or what?

Anyways, I was wondering what is more versatile and also looks better as far as a denim trucker jacket goes? A medium wash vs dark indigo.

Peter1

Reaction score
yeah, pretty dead. should probably rename it to ditch the "denim" part. Most of the world's remaining denimheads have decamped for SuFu or Denimbro (for those who think a Canadian tux is daily wear...)

Anyway, I think dark or raw looks better, can dress it up more.

Drewill44

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I called a few stores today that I don't have locally/did not visit and found a few that might be ok options. The issue is that the companies are not ones I know much about or are most likely cheap quality (Old Navy, etc.). I am thinking I may need to size the waist up, but I am worried about the seat not fitting. I have a muscular build, but when you go up to a 38' waist in a loose fit, we are not looking at an athletic fit anymore. I also don't want to pay around $100 for decent jeans only to have to pay $40-$80 to get them to fit or on the flip side end up paying near $100 for a cheap pair of jeans to fit. I will keep looking. I tried to find decent MTM options but like you said they come with a price or they are based in places like India and have no real guarantee of getting a good fit.
Screenshot_20190421-205101_Photos.jpg

You aren't the only one with this issue man. These are a 34x34. I like to stack my cuffs.

aj2603

Reaction score
I am just now getting into the world of selvedge denim and raw denim. I am still a relative newbie.

I am planning to visit Jakarta soon and heard there are a few local brands makes some really good stuff at a very lucrative price.

With denim, i always wanna wear them before buying. So i compiled a list of shops i can visit.

I would prefer inputs, comments and suggestions on this. Thank you

Sage Tradecamp
Kuningan City Mall, UG Floor # 3
Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio, Kav. 18-19
Jakarta

Oldblue Co.
Jalan Simprug Golf 18 No. 3A1, RT.7/RW.8, Grogol Sel., Kec. Kby. Lama,
Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12220, Indonesia

Elhaus
Jl. Panglima Polim V, No. 36
South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta

Society by Mischief Denim
Jl. Tebet Utara Dalam, No.23
Tebet, DKI Jakarta

Aye & Co

Jalan Boulevard Barat Raya Blok LC 6 No. 47.
Kelapa Gading Jakarta, Indonesia

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.