I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Could anyone point me to a thread or a website where I can get exact measurements for these jeans? Maybe some pictures and testimonials from people who have bought from Ande in the past?

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Could anyone point me to a thread or a website where I can get exact measurements for these jeans? Maybe some pictures and testimonials from people who have bought from Ande in the past?
    Did you even try looking at the website quoted above? Also, Google will help answer 99% of your questions.

3. aerether

aerether Senior member

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/size-charts

Perhaps the official size charts may help [​IMG]

4. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I found that right after I posted my question. Thanks folks.

5. korce

korce Senior member

Hi Guys, I'm wondering - does anyone on here know much about the quality and fit of wings + horns denim? I'm thinking about getting a pair from Nomad, shown on the blog below: http://www.nomadshop.net/2008_08_01_...38911685749587 I like the raw blues, or raw grey. Anyone have experience with sizing? Do they stretch much, or stay true to to size?

6. djs488

djs488 Senior member

7. changed

changed Senior member

I've been wearing the same pair of Nudies for about two months, and they are starting to stretch a bit. They don't fit like they did when I got them, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get that "new fit" back?

They are Even Steven's, and I never soaked them or starched, etc...

8. djs488

djs488 Senior member

if you wash them or soak them in hot water they will shrink back to size, but then you will lose the rigidity. stretching is inevitable with all jeans, especially so with nudies.

9. korce

korce Senior member

^ http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...gs+horns+denim

use the search.

Thanks, I actually read that thread before posting. I was specifically hoping someone would weigh in on sizing/stretch experience. My only raw denim experience at this point is APC Rescue (stretched loads) and Levis 501 STF (not really comparable) so hopefully someone can advise as far as how much these will stretch. Thank you!

10. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Get them true to size. Your concern is the very reason APC is not the perfect gateway drug to high-end denim; stretching in APC denim is only an abberration, and definitely not the norm.

11. kleny

kleny Well-Known Member

Hi guys..lets start by saying i love this forum. Ive gotten so much help so quickly, its great! I started a thread a while ago but its long dead now about my APC NS. Im unhappy with them because the leg opening is too small. Lets start by me asking a novice question...on websites it says they have a 7" opening...does that mean 14" all around or literally 7". And please recommend me some denim that is sub $200 preferably that is reputable in quality, looks and has a larger leg opening.(a slim fit rather than skinny) Thank You.

12. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

How do the dark brown suede Clarks desert boots hold up against a pair of new raw denim (say A.P.C NS) - any staining?

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

^^^ my desert boots have a little bit of indigo on them from some of my jeans, they are beeswax

Hi guys..lets start by saying i love this forum. Ive gotten so much help so quickly, its great! I started a thread a while ago but its long dead now about my APC NS. Im unhappy with them because the leg opening is too small. Lets start by me asking a novice question...on websites it says they have a 7" opening...does that mean 14" all around or literally 7". And please recommend me some denim that is sub $200 preferably that is reputable in quality, looks and has a larger leg opening.(a slim fit rather than skinny) Thank You.

check out Ande Whall Grifters he recently dropped his jeans to under 200. and yes when measurments are listed as 7" that means its a 14" hem.

14. GiantSwan

GiantSwan Member

Thanks guys I did look into fh 1001/3001 and the momotaro slim fit before. I will look into them more closely.

hey sho'nuff, those momotaro's on blue in green are basically the same cut as the ones I just bought. I posted fit pics back on pg 132 of this thread. That pair is sized up one from my normal waist (28) because my real waist size took way too long to get up over my thighs. I have larger thighs for my waist, but I'll attest to the fact that that cut does indeed have very tight thighs and a straight leg.

15. phreak

phreak Senior member

help me justify paying double for dior mii 21cm compared to apc ns.