I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

So what's the concensus on Nudie stretch in the thigh area, substantial or insignificant?

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Insig.

3. djs488

djs488 Senior member

But rb15s isn't that slim. At my "usual" waist size it's probably one of the more relaxed and comfortable jeans I own.

hmm, i think i must have sized differently than you. For me, the rb15s are slim. I own the SSDS also but it is much more relaxed than the rb15s on me. I'm contemplating the KMW 1980, any experience with that?

4. whodini

Which season is your rb15s from? That might be part of it. Also, when you say "rb15s" do you mean one "rb15s" or several "rb15"s? I remember trying on the selvage (rb15s) and non-selvage (rb15) when I purchased my pair last year and they fit a little bit differently.

I've only tried on the KMW rocker and 2010. Looking at the measurements of the 1980, however, they look pretty similar to my rb15s. The rise on the rb15s is a little higher but pretty negligible, thigh looks to be about the same, and it's a straight leg.

5. djs488

djs488 Senior member

this is what i have -- this season's selvage rb15. i guess im really looking for a slight taper to 8 at the hem. i dont really dig the SSDS straight leg look, but that might just be because it's more relaxed.

6. whodini

You can always get another jean with similar measurements in the top block and thigh and just have them tailored to a taper.

Based on Tobi's measurements, my rb15s has 1" more in the back rise, 1.5" more around the upper thigh, and .5" more in the knee.

My SSDS has the same back rise as your rb15s, .75" lower rise, and the rest of the measurements are the same as the my rb15s.

They're a very similar jean.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Thanks guys I did look into fh 1001/3001 and the momotaro slim fit before. I will look into them more closely.

8. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

Can someone tell me the differences between the Slim Jim Dry Japan and the NS in terms of sizing (esp. for a 34) - is there a size chart somewhere?

And what's the concensus on the SJDJ fading?

9. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

NS size down 2-3. Slim jims size down 1 (i think thats the rule with most nudies)

10. whodini

Can someone tell me the differences between the Slim Jim Dry Japan and the NS in terms of sizing (esp. for a 34) - is there a size chart somewhere? And what's the concensus on the SJDJ fading?
    Stylish is in the right direction. There are plenty of size charts if you check the affliates listed above as one of them has to carry them. For fading, look at the top of this page and click "gallery." You'll see for yourself. Personally, I don't think Nudie fades are all that special in general but there can be exceptions.

11. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Stylish is in the right direction. There are plenty of size charts if you check the affliates listed above as one of them has to carry them.

For fading, look at the top of this page and click "gallery." You'll see for yourself. Personally, I don't think Nudie fades are all that special in general but there can be exceptions.

it seems like most nudies take a good 4-6 months to "break in" and start fading well.

12. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Does anyone know a store in northern NJ or NYC that carries Ande Whall? I like the looks of these jeans and I'm interested in trying on a pair. I don't like the idea of ordering jeans over the net that I haven't seen in person or tried on.

What have people's experiences been with Ande Whall? Looks like pretty high quality denim from the pictures on his website, is it?

13. whodini

Run a search on here for Ande Whall. Plenty of satisfied customers and the measurements on the website are very, very accurate.

Ande Whall is the company, the person, and the store. You won't find it in stores.

14. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Run a search on here for Ande Whall. Plenty of satisfied customers and the measurements on the website are very, very accurate.

Ande Whall is the company, the person, and the store. You won't find it in stores.

Where's the store?

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Does anyone know a store in northern NJ or NYC that carries Ande Whall? I like the looks of these jeans and I'm interested in trying on a pair. I don't like the idea of ordering jeans over the net that I haven't seen in person or tried on.
    From the website FAQ: