1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

anyone getting the PBJ xx010?

same denim/cut as xx007 but with a purple tone warp and purple weft.
    i just preordered a pair from BiG. crap

i have a question. there is an eternal model that is eluding me..it is the one where it is very streaky looking and straight cut i believe.
    do you know what that model is? and where it can be found? maybe it is discontinued not sure.

2. theguy

theguy Senior Member

right now I have a pair of average joe, dry heavies and I would like to grab something a hair bigger in the leg.
    Maybe something right between my average joes and my paper denim (Alec Relaxed boot)
    (I know paper denim is not really favored on this site; but they looked good on me and were $50)

I have been looking on various sites and each one is telling me a different leg measurement for the average joes. So its hard for me to know whats what.

(looking to spend anywhere from $1 - $175)

thanks guys

any help would be appreciated

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

here is the photo i found it finally:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

from sufu.

anyone know where these models can be found? thanks.

4. Warren G.

Warren G. Distinguished Member

Hey guys

I'm starting on a new pair of indigo in about 3 months. I'm really interested in the Flathead 310. I been meaning to look at some Samurais. Any models you guys recommend? I really like my APC NS, PJB-007, and my SExI04 Black isn't too bad either.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Isnt this the forum where people brag about not washing their jeans for a year?
    People do what they want to do to a $200 pair of jeans. You'll find 20 people on here saying to wash them every month just like you'll find 20 people telling you to never wash them. Personally, I can't imagine not laughing at someone running on a track/tredmill/etc. in jeans. But hey, some people take this shit a lot more seriously than they probably should; to each their own but last I checked they were still only clothes.

7. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

9. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Senior Member

I've got another (possibly noob) question ... how can you tell if a pair of jeans are sanforized? I'm just trying to figure out what to do with these new Corpus jeans but no one seems to have a whole lot to say about Corpus denim. They're too long right now so I'm tempted to soak them to get the shrinkage out of the way, but if they're sanforized that seems somewhat pointless and I might just go get them hemmed so I can stop cuffing them.

Help ...

10. sartort

sartort Distinguished Member

I just received my first pair of raw/dry denim, Nudie Slim Jims from Self Edge and have a couple of questions....

1)If I wear my dress shirts tucked in (which always), will the dye rub off from the inside of the waist band onto my shirts? In other words, am I going to ruin some shirts by wearing them with these jeans?

2)If so, how can I prevent this?

3)If I want to keep the jeans looking minimalist and clean and basically looking like they look brand new, would washing them prior to actually wearing them be a good idea? Also this might help with number 1. I am not interested in crazy fades and whiskering. I like the look of them as they are new and want to keep them that way as much as possible. How do I achieve this?

Thanks.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I just received my first pair of raw/dry denim, Nudie Slim Jims from Self Edge and have a couple of questions....

1)If I wear my dress shirts tucked in (which always), will the dye rub off from the inside of the waist band onto my shirts? In other words, am I going to ruin some shirts by wearing them with these jeans?

2)If so, how can I prevent this?

3)If I want to keep the jeans looking minimalist and clean and basically looking like they look brand new, would washing them prior to actually wearing them be a good idea? Also this might help with number 1. I am not interested in crazy fades and whiskering. I like the look of them as they are new and want to keep them that way as much as possible. How do I achieve this?

Thanks.

Sartort, the nudies are only dyed on the outer thread not the inner thread so you should be fine I believe.
    On the shirt overlapping on the outside a belt would prevent any accidental pressing of the shirt against the jean unless you wear a shirt with extra billow but even then you will have to really put pressure while rubbing the shirt against the jean.
    I think if you wash it the crisp dark indigo look will slightly fade away and the more you wash it the more it will eventually turn out that generic blue wash you see on most jeans. I would say don't wear it too often like as a dress jean wear perhaps on twice a week and I assume you wear a dress shirt with it to do light activity like going out, dinner, show, etc. You should have no problem keeping the crisp indigo look intact for a good long while.

Most here who are into wicked fades and such do everything they can like biking, climbing, everything including for some running for exercise trying to achieve that broken in custom whiskering fading job which will contrast more after their first wash.

I try very hard to wear my raw denim hard and after 2-3 months of hard wear (I can wear to work and work consists of a lot of physical labor) I still don't see any fading and still look as crisp as I got them new except for the wrinkles / creases of course.
    I don't know if this helps any.

12. aerether

aerether Senior Member

KMW 1980 vs Iron Heart 634s

Which one should I spring for? (I decided that FH F380 wasn't for me since I don't have a bathtub/bin to soak them in) Also, if I do decide to get the KMWs, should I get a size 32 or 33?

Relevant information:
    -Looking for a slightly lower rise than APC NS.
    -Looking for denim that won't stretch too much (unlike APC stuff)

Measurements:
    Weight: 162lb
    Height: 5' 7"
    Waist: 32.5"
    Thigh (top): ~23.5
    Thigh (two inches down): ~22.5"
    Usual inseam: 30" (looking for 31/32s though for some stack)

Any insight?

Again... the 1980s are really winning me over at the moment but I'd like to know what else there is available.

13. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior Member

Which model of APC jeans would fit most like a pair of Nudie Regular Ralf? Right now, I'm leaning towards the Rescue model I think it's called.

Does anyone know if the Rescue is straight leg?

14. Francis91

Francis91 Senior Member

Which model of APC jeans would fit most like a pair of Nudie Regular Ralf? Right now, I'm leaning towards the Rescue model I think it's called.

Does anyone know if the Rescue is straight leg?

Yeah it's straight leg

15. onion

onion Distinguished Member

None.

The rescues are going to be loose in the thigh, whereas the Nudie RR is slim. The rescues will be straight leg from the knee down, whereas the RR are boot-cut.

The New Standards would be the closest, I guess (but still not that close).... They have a slim thigh like the RR, but from the knee down is tapered, which is the complete opposite of a boot-cut.

New Cures/Hipsters/Petite Standard are all quite a bit slimmer everywhere from the RR, and none are a boot cut. The Hipsters and PS will also have a lower rise.