I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i did a soak on my f380s yesterday and i'm fairly convinced they didn't shrink all the way. my tap water gets hot, but it's not REALLY hot. i'm wondering if i need hotter water.

they're 33s and there's plenty of room in them (31-32 true waist). i had KMW 2010s a few years ago and the 33s barely fit after they were washed (i didn't know what i was doing and hot washed them and got them hemmed right when i got them). i've got nudie AJ 32 that are still snug after a soak and a wash, so i'm pretty convinced there's some shrink left in the flatheads.

2. aerether

aerether Senior member

Looking for a similar jean to the APC New Standard... My size 31s have bagged out a littttle too much for my liking. I can slip them off of me if they don't have a belt. Washing cures the problem for a couple of wears, but then it stretches right back out.

True waist size: 32.5 rounded up to 33

Jeans I am considering:
    Iron Heart 634s, Size 33
    KMW 1980, Size 32/33 (I don't know if I should size down one or not)
    Flat Head F380 Size 33

Any input? I'd like to get a "nicer" pair of jeans this time around.

3. grundletaint

you may like the f380 size 33. i think i need a 32.

my true waist is about an inch smaller than yours and the 33s soaked are about an inch too big. let me know if you want the f380 because i think i'm going to sell them rather than wear the wrong size. they're already soaked and you can save a little cash.

4. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

I am looking for a grey jean similar to the NS.. ideas?

5. djs488

djs488 Senior member

do the top blocks of the rb11 and rb15 fit pretty much the same? or does the rb11 have significantly more room in the thighs?

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I am looking for a grey jean similar to the NS.. ideas?

grey new standards [​IMG]

7. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

obviously, but who sells them?

8. grundletaint

looking for some opinions/advice on this post-soak fit. note the little flairs next to the pockets.... and will leaving them cuffed all the time mess anything up? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Merrlicious

Merrlicious Member

Can somone answer my question on page 127?

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

looking for some opinions/advice on this post-soak fit. note the little flairs next to the pockets....

and will leaving them cuffed all the time mess anything up?

That's more hip-flare than I like to see. Makes me think one of a few things: 1) they're too big on you, 2) they're still very stiff and the flare will decrease once the denim softens up, and 3) the fit just isn't for you.

Cuffing will leave a faded ring on the denim. So... either get used to wearing them cuffed all the time, wear them uncuffed from now on, or wear them how you want and figure that whatever fading you have isn't "messing up" the jeans at all since they should be an honest reflection of your daily life. The last suggestion is the most stress-free.

I can't find Crates anywhere lol, who sells them who?
    I feel like I've answered this question a lot the past few days...

1) Barney's: http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware...egoryID=DESIG1

2) Secret Service (aka Crate HQ): http://secretservice.la/ Things are a little busy right now but if there's a cut you specifically need they'd be your best bet.

3) Wait until Mauro and the other affiliates get their fall shipments which will be soon. The advantage would be patronizing our friends and even getting a discount out of it.

leg opening is more of the problem with the new standards i should say. Ive thought about just sizing down rescues but apc doesnt make the rescue in a 27 do they?
    What kind of a leg opening are you looking for exactly? Sounds like you could go with a Crate James; slim like a APC NS and lower-rise but with a straight/slight boot opening.

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Okay - I have a jean.

I want to get a pair of jeans to ride in, similar to my Uniqlo selvages but with heavier, higher quality, very sturdy denim. Basically a straight fit, medium rise (not low rise) with about a 8.5" leg opening and not much taper. I don't want anything that is going to stretch out and get deformed. And the inseam should be pretty damn long even after a wash, like 38"+. My RRL blue-black slims are pretty decent but a little too slim and even with a 35" inseam they ride up more than I like for riding.

Oh, and not super $$$ either, if possible.

Ideas? thanks.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

(cough) custom (cough)

Post-wash 38"+? Nice.

13. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

So no ideas on how to make big jeans smaller? Single wash resin coated.

14. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Hello,

I am looking for a pair of jeans with a similar cut to the Levi's 507's. Meaning, I'm looking for a cut that is slim through the thighs, low rise, slight flare to a bootcut. It's surprisingly hard to find this type of cut, especially in raw. I'm not very happy with some of the lower quality denim that Levi's uses and it's just not very high quality, imo.

I'm looking for any jeans that have the 507-type cut. Not necessarily raw denim, but anything really. I've tried a whole ton of different brands and I can't ever seem to really get the fit that I'm looking for. The next pair that I want to try is the Earnest Sewn Hutch. Anyone know how this compares to the 507?

Suggestions on other brands that carry a similar jean?

Also, any suggestions on where I can get denim patches? Preferably some higher end denim.

15. grundletaint

who- you're right. these are not a good cut for me.