I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

searching didn't really yield good answers.

anyone know what sizing should be for Acne Max Cash. Size Up, Down, Same??

thanks

Same or sized down one. It's completely up to you.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

how about Rag and Bone RB11s? Tobi has them in black plus their discount code sweetens the pot.

couple things. it looks like one sizes down on these. am i correct?

and how much is it to typically taper the hem/leg for a smaller leg opening. it measures at 9in and would possibly want to take it down to 8-8.5in. I don't think this would be too crazy to do.

3. cshd

cshd Active Member

I went to my friends house and his dog slobbered on my jeans. Will this make a smell? I only have 3 full day wears on it so i dont wanna wash or soak yet. Should i just frebreeze it? thanks..

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I went to my friends house and his dog slobbered on my jeans. Will this make a smell? I only have 3 full day wears on it so i dont wanna wash or soak yet. Should i just frebreeze it? thanks..

consider it dog patina.

5. nox

nox Well-Known Member

bad word choice on my part. the fades are very visible, it's just that i'm at the "indigo and white", not "blue and white" or "indigo and blue"... haha.

what if i pour in some clorox? i just want some blueness... my previous pair had come out so, very, nice.

Just wash it a bit more, or even warmer if you want. Every time you do that it'll reduce the contrast and take out some indigo getting closer to the blue you want.

6. nox

nox Well-Known Member

So one of my corpus' fly buttons fell off.

How do I fix it? I have both parts.

Thanks

7. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

my F380s are coming in tomorrow. popping my japanese cherry.

i assume i should soak them. bathtub of hot water? how long? any flathead specific techniques?

8. cchen

cchen Senior member

9. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I'm looking for a place that I can send my jeans to and they will repair them for me. I have a few pairs of old jeans that I still wear fairly often even though they're falling apart a bit. They're just some of my more comfortable jeans that I don't necessarily wear to be fashion-concious.

I don't really have a tailor around me that will do sort of custom work on my jeans. I've asked around a bit and my primary tailor really only will do work on my suits for me.

A few things that I'd like done to a few pairs of my jeans: waist brought in an inch or two on one pair, patches put on a pair, a few reinorced areas, some reinforcement for the bottom hem that is ripping up the back of the leg.

Anyone know where I can get these kinds of repairs done?

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

11. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

Does Nudie black coated and standard Slim Jim stretch in the waist? If yes, how much?

12. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

Would search but feeling lazy

I want a pair of Imperial dukes but I'm not sure what size to get. I have a pair of nudie average joes in 36 and I like the fit on them. Also, are they sanforized or will I need to size up to make up for the soaking?

13. whacked

whacked Senior member

how about Rag and Bone RB11s? Tobi has them in black plus their discount code sweetens the pot.

couple things. it looks like one sizes down on these. am i correct?

and how much is it to typically taper the hem/leg for a smaller leg opening. it measures at 9in and would possibly want to take it down to 8-8.5in. I don't think this would be too crazy to do.

Why not get a slimmer R&B cut? Like the overdyed RB9 whodini had on here.

Don't get me wrong, the RB11 is a great cut; I actually just splurged for a black pair myself. But they are cut straight not tapered, and not nearly as slim as the Max Cash, what you seem to be looking for.

14. onion

onion Senior member

Can someone give a comparison between 45rpm Sorahikos and Sorahikos slim? I'm just wondering what they consider slim.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Why not get a slimmer R&B cut? Like the overdyed RB9 whodini had on here. Don't get me wrong, the RB11 is a great cut; I actually just splurged for a black pair myself. But they are cut straight not tapered, and not nearly as slim as the Max Cash, what you seem to be looking for.
    yeah, actually i was looking at the max thinking it was a different cut, but it will be too slim for me. hopefully the rb11s work out. i took advantage of the deal on tobi for 25% off. did you size down on you black rb11s