1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

try uniqlo or gap morrisons. You can get APC's or nudies near new off others though
    I can't in good conscience let someone recommend gap morrisons at retail let alone 70% discount. If you're gonna cheapskate it at least get RRL off ebay, the best deal under $100.
    How accurate is the measurement size charts on context? I was looking at the measurements for the Crate Squire and some of those measurements seem out of whack. Tag size 29 & 30 both have the same waist measurement of 31" but tag 31 has a waist of 33"??????
    Get over to the Secret Service thread and PM Chad or Luke. They'll double-check the measurements.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Hey guys. I'm a Styleforum newb, but have been browsing for a while. Great site I must say. Anyway, I've been browsing the Rakuten sites a good deal lately and after reading some recommendations and positive experiences on Mr. Olive clothing, I've eyed up a few pieces I may be getting.

Does anyone have any experience with their jeans at all? While browsing for some clothing I came across these: http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en

Here's another link with different pictures: http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en

I kept finding myself looking at them and found myself liking them. The price is STEEP though. Any thoughts on Mr. Olive jeans in general and these in particular? Thanks for the time, guys.

3. matsuya

matsuya Senior member

How much do regular pre-shrunk 501s shrink after washing/drying?

4. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

whats an alternative to the 5epxSF? I think APC NS is sort of similar but I was wanting to get something a little higher quality like maybe one of the brands from self-edge.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm just starting to break in a pair of raw jeans and I notice that one of the legs is a bit twisted. Is this fairly common? It's not that big of a deal, but they are selvage and I think it looks a bit odd. I am doing my best to twist it back as I sit in them while they are damp and it seems to be helping a bit. Any other suggestions?

6. aerether

aerether Senior member

I'm just starting to break in a pair of raw jeans and I notice that one of the legs is a bit twisted. Is this fairly common? It's not that big of a deal, but they are selvage and I think it looks a bit odd. I am doing my best to twist it back as I sit in them while they are damp and it seems to be helping a bit. Any other suggestions?

Twisted seams are part of the wear process, including other phenomena like knee boobs and the ubiquitous honeycombs/whiskers/etc. I think True Religion twists the seam on their pants on purpose.

(This data gathered from a douchebag who was showing off his TRs to some Asian girl he was trying to pick up. They had flowers on the pockets... I am strongly suspecting that he was wearing not only TR's, but women's TRs. Ugh. I had my KMW 1980s on, but didn't go so far as to declare that I was wearing $275 pants.)

7. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

In terms of quality (longer lasting), which is the better denim:

APC or Nudie ?

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks, aerether. I figured as much. These aren't quite KMWs but they sure as hell aren't TRs. They are BR pink selvage- I consider them a practice pair. Next up are some Crates.

9. aerether

aerether Senior member

Thanks, aerether. I figured as much. These aren't quite KMWs but they sure as hell aren't TRs. They are BR pink selvage- I consider them a practice pair. Next up are some Crates.

No problem. On another aside, I confirmed with a girl on hall today that said douchebag was indeed wearing women's TRs. I wish I had pictures.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

the real question is, though- was she impressed?? If so, I just might go buy some women's jeans.

11. aerether

aerether Senior member

He stayed the night in her room (no action for him, though), she made him make breakfast for her in the morning, after which she declared no intention of ever seeing him again.

12. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

In terms of quality (longer lasting), which is the better denim:

APC or Nudie ?

APC. Nudies are thinner and in most models not selvage. Not that selvage would indicate a big jump in quality or anything..

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Classic! Sounds like a real waste of an evening for both of them.

14. mihalis

mihalis Member

I'm looking for a pair of slim grey denim. SUGGESTIONS?

dior homme mist jeans? 17.5cm is pretty slim

they're on eluxury

15. superr

superr Member

im thinking of getting the route by crate which has a 7" leg opening, can anybody show me to some pics of people wearing similar fit jeans?

16. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

Are you supposed to tuck your jeans into your boots to show off, or is that only for girls?

17. xchen

xchen Senior member

18. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

im thinking of getting the route by crate which has a 7" leg opening, can anybody show me to some pics of people wearing similar fit jeans?
    unko just posted a fit pic of crate routes in the WAYWN thread

19. matsuya

matsuya Senior member

I went to Mervyn's "Going out of business" Sale and picked up a pair of 501 STF for $27. They only had 32x36. I need a 30x30. Will I be able to shrink it that much?

20. whodini

whodini Senior member