I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. quevola

quevola Senior member

It somehow occurs to me that you own(?) a pair of Nudie Slim Jims. If indeed so, just email Nudie and they will send you a repair kit. The kit contains denim, thread, and with any luck, rivet and button.

Thanks Whacked! Will do.

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

Thanks Whacked! Will do.

Not a problem. If I recall correctly, you bought a pair of Park Avenue and some tie from me on eBay a while back. Let's just call it customer service. [​IMG]

3. onion

onion Senior member

It somehow occurs to me that you own(?) a pair of Nudie Slim Jims. If indeed so, just email Nudie and they will send you a repair kit. The kit contains denim, thread, and with any luck, rivet and button.

Good advice. I think Skull also does this.

If you want the best looking repair possible or you just don't want to do it yourself, you can send them off to Denim Revival (Formerly known as Denim Doctor) in LA. You can see an example of their work here.

4. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

does pbj do the same?
    i'm hoping i can get some black denim to repair my 005bk in case something happens

5. izlat

izlat Senior member

Nudie Slim Jim unwashed raw: tried them on today, fit like a glove! Like fit much better than my Sugar Canes [​IMG]

So what size should I buy - they were 31/32 and are great. right now as is. Would they shrink much with unfrequent washings?

Thanks!

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Good advice. I think Skull also does this.

If you want the best looking repair possible or you just don't want to do it yourself, you can send them off to Denim Revival (Formerly known as Denim Doctor) in LA. You can see an example of their work here.

I've never read anything special about Denim Revival. The old Denim Doctors became part of Hollywood Trading Company on Beverly.

7. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

hello, I have been searching for weeks now for a jean that will fit me in a certain way but have not been successful. Basically I want a jean that has a smiliar fit to APC NS except with a bit more room in the thighs and a tiny bit more room in the leg opening and seat. I have largish thighs for my size and like to sag my jeans a bit to my hips.

This is the measurements on my 29 APC NS:
    Waist: 34"
    Front Rise: 10.5"
    Back Rise: 13.5"
    Thighs: 23.5" (11.75)
    Inseam: 33.75"
    Leg Opening: 15" (7.5)

I am looking for a jean along the lines of (after stretching):
    Waist: 33.5"
    Back Rise: 14.5"
    Thighs: 24.5" (11.75)
    Inseam: 32"
    Leg Opening: 16" (8)

8. izlat

izlat Senior member

^ i'd be interested to hear the recommendations too [​IMG]

9. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

Getting bored of my current raw pair, which I've had for about five months now, so I'm looking into getting something new. I'm debating between Simon Miller (Raw, Los Angeles cut) and Helmut Lang (Raw, Straight Leg in indigo).

Any thoughts from people who've owned either of the two? I like both because no one really has them -- which is why I'm passing on APC -- and besides that, they look like pretty cool jeans.

10. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

hello, I have been searching for weeks now for a jean that will fit me in a certain way but have not been successful. Basically I want a jean that has a smiliar fit to APC NS except with a bit more room in the thighs and a tiny bit more room in the leg opening and seat. I have largish thighs for my size and like to sag my jeans a bit to my hips.

This is the measurements on my 29 APC NS:
    Waist: 34"
    Back Rise: 13.5"
    Thighs: 23.5" (11.75)
    Inseam: 33.75"
    Leg Opening: 15" (7.5)

I am looking for a jean along the lines of (after stretching):
    Waist: 33.5"
    Back Rise: 14.5"
    Thighs: 24.5" (11.75)
    Inseam: 32"
    Leg Opening: 16" (8)

Hate to give you the standard Style Forum reply, but APC Rescue and Kicking Mule 1950 seem like they'd work for you.

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

can't decide if i want the FH F380 or the Skull 50-10xx 6x6 as my next raw. generally wear pretty slim shoes: chucks, PFs, and desert boots.

12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

can't decide if i want the FH F380 or the Skull 50-10xx 6x6 as my next raw. generally wear pretty slim shoes: chucks, PFs, and desert boots.

well 380's are a true straight leg so their hem is gonna be bigger than the skulls.

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

how does the leg opening compare to the nudie AJ? i'm not sure i want to go less than that

nevermind. it's bigger than AJ

still can't decide, though.

14. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

are KMW Rockers jeans with bigger thighs and tapered legs?

Hate to give you the standard Style Forum reply, but APC Rescue and Kicking Mule 1950 seem like they'd work for you.

15. fosho78

fosho78 Senior member

I'm looking for a jean that's like an APC New Standard but with a slightly lower rise and maybe (very) slightly more relaxed. I'd also prefer if the jean had yellow instead of orange stitch. I keep hearing KMW 1980s, any other suggestions?