I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. onion

onion Senior member

I am about a month into my first pair of raws and I question has really popped up: Is there and bad results from alternating between cuffing and not cuffing at the hem? I find that I like to switch it up with the jeans but will this make the hem area look rather akward after a year?

Yes. If you have sharp creases in the cuff it will fade lines into the denim. [​IMG]

2. discret

discret Member

3. cshd

cshd Active Member

I just recieved the KMW 2010 they are kinda tight around the waiste and thigh and I was wondering if they will stretch out a couple sizes. I got a size 29 so I was thinking maybe to a 31 or even 32. My other jean Gap is size 30 and it leaves alot of room so i thought size 29 would be perfect but i guess not. Hopefully I dont have to return it.

4. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Ok here goes...I am considering my first pair of black denim. I have kind of had my heart set on the SJBC. I just thought that I would ask what other black raw denim people like and recommend.

5. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

I just recieved the KMW 2010 they are kinda tight around the waiste and thigh and I was wondering if they will stretch out a couple sizes. I got a size 29 so I was thinking maybe to a 31 or even 32. My other jean Gap is size 30 and it leaves alot of room so i thought size 29 would be perfect but i guess not. Hopefully I dont have to return it.

dang, aren't the 2010's supposed to be even more relaxed in the thigh compared to the 1950's?

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

dang, aren't the 2010's supposed to be even more relaxed in the thigh compared to the 1950's?

Not when you size down.

Many of GAP jeans, like other mall-brands', are vanity-sized, i.e. size 30 would measure 31.5-32" at waist. On top of this they often use crappy non-rigid/raw denim that stretches out a ton after some wearing (think Levis' denim).

That's why using your mall brand jeans is prob not the best way to figure your size in raw denim equivalent.

7. cshd

cshd Active Member

Not when you size down. Many of GAP jeans, like other mall-brands', are vanity-sized, i.e. size 30 would measure 31.5-32" at waist. On top of this they often use crappy non-rigid/raw denim that stretches out a ton after some wearing (think Levis' denim). That's why using your mall brand jeans is prob not the best way to figure your size in raw denim equivalent.
    Yeah that was a bad idea but those are the only jeans I have access to. So what would your recommendation be? Should I return them? They don't have any other sizes of KMW 2010 at denimbar anymore so i would probably have to get a different brand. Edit: I also had an idea that I could lose weight. I'm 5'6 1/2 135lbs I could do some cardio and lose like 5lbs but it would be really hard for me. Edit: I just tried them on again real quick. I guess they arnt tight in the thighs its just its tight on the waist so it rides higher then normal leaving not as much crouch space. Only the waiste is tight.

8. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Quick question: How are KMW 1980 Raw's sized? I wear 30 in APC NS's. 32 in AG Jeans.

9. Lel

Lel Senior member

Just a question, what causes hip flare? I know it's partially due to sizing, but I've got a feeling that it's also related to the yoke. What would eliminate it and give a nice anti-fit, a low yoke correct?

10. breakz

breakz Senior member

Quick size question. Would a size 31" in 5ep low down boot be correct for me? Waist is ~32.5" and this will be my second pair of raw denim. Currently have APC rescues size 29, which started snug in the waist, but are a bit loose now. Thighs on the APCs fit perfect (I have somewhat large thighs compared to my waist). p.s. Can I expect the 5eps to go on sale any particular time of the year? I'm still breakin in the APCs, so I'm in no hurry to buy them.
    I have 5EP in 31, and my waist is a bit bigger (around 33"). They fit well in the waist...not too tight. So you MIGHT want to try a 30. That 30 will fit slim, though. As for the sales...some places marked them down earlier this year. I don't know when you should expect that to happen again.

11. quevola

quevola Senior member

Any online sources for denim patches for my impending crotch blowout on my RB16? My search came up blank. Thanks.

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Any online sources for denim patches for my impending crotch blowout on my RB16? My search came up blank. Thanks.

It somehow occurs to me that you own(?) a pair of Nudie Slim Jims. If indeed so, just email Nudie and they will send you a repair kit. The kit contains denim, thread, and with any luck, rivet and button.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i just got my PBJ xx007 one wash.

This is truly the most amazing jean i have seen thus far. I highly recommend anyone to get one. truly amazing piece of denim.

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Slubby is as slubby does.

I'm guessing it will get old for you eventually. Like all other things. [​IMG]

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!