1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

i agree with the 001s and the NS's fitting similarly.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

OK, what about online retailers that fit that description?
    Self Edge. "Relaxed, stiff" really sounds like you need a more traditional jean. Iron Heart is an example but hell, just take a look at their inventory and you'll see something. Otherwise, you can look around Farinelli's blog for 5ep and Spurr which both offer more traditional cuts although they wouldn't be as stiff as the Japanese brands SE carries.

3. whathup

whathup Well-Known Member

i agree with the 001s and the NS's fitting similarly.

Thanks!

4. Asch

Asch Senior member

Iron Heart is an example
    Iron Heart's cuts do tend to be relatively relaxed, if sized properly, but their most popular denim is actually extremely soft, so it may not fit the poster's "stiff" requirement.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hmm, must be thinking of something else, then.

6. robbie

robbie Senior member

When I first joined the forum a year and a half or so (maybe more) I remember hearing about a fairly decent B&M shop in KC and one also in Austin. Are either of these two stores still in operation? Also, are they gonna be anything worth stopping by in person.

They were smaller stores, and I remember glancing through their sites forever ago when I still was semi- interested in nudies.

I am wanting to try on some new cures, and whatever else I might be able to find.

If these stores are no longer around, any suggestions as to B&M locales in the central time zone that might have some of the items I see over in WAYWT.

7. rocks

rocks Senior member

Ok ladies I new corduroy pants and as such would like to know where on-line I can buy April77 joey dischords? Thanks!

Ps. If there's any other brand in a similar slim cut that makes slim cords let me know.....no APC ok, I bought a new pair in NS 29 a couple months ago, it was so huge I had to get it tailored heavily and after getting it back I just gave them away. I need low rise cords ie 8 inch rise.

8. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Looking for a fit pic and/or a rise measurement for the Earnest Sewn Hutch. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

9. shade449

shade449 Well-Known Member

Hmm, must be thinking of something else, then.

IH's are typically very heavy (21 oz) but are very pliable for their weight because of either the way they are weaved or the type of cotton that is used (can't remember which).

I'd still recommend them though; if you (suited) really want them to be stiff, starching is always an option. Alternatively some thing like Suger Cane would be good too. But yeah, basically listen to who's advice, repro's are what you're looking for.

10. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

11. KimboIsLegit

KimboIsLegit Member

I'm looking to move up from Levis 514s into some premium raw jeans, which has a fit similar to 514s?

12. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

Ok, I wear boxers, they bunch up, I'm starting to notice crazy underwear fades. And it's annoying to flatten my underwear out in the morning.

Change to briefs, maybe...? Thoughts?

13. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

Ok, I wear boxers, they bunch up, I'm starting to notice crazy underwear fades. And it's annoying to flatten my underwear out in the morning.

Change to briefs, maybe...? Thoughts?

I think this has been covered many times... yes, briefs or boxer-briefs are commonly suggested for tight fitting jeans so you are correct.

14. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

haha, I've reverted back to wearing only whitey tighties when wearing my SD103's cuz everything else bunches up, And now they're all blue too......

15. SilentEdge

SilentEdge Active Member

16. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

I really hope the boxer damage then is reversable.

Time to get back to Sears for some underwear shopping...

17. phobs

phobs Active Member

did your new pair of black APC ns smell kinda funky when you got them?

18. noorotic

noorotic Active Member

Just picked up my first pair of selvage denim...settled on some KMW 1950's....Not as stiff as I was expecting after reading replies from people...They're pretty incredible though....sized down one and it was painful to wear for the first day but they stretched out perfectly pretty quickly...Thoughts on the fit? [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Looking for a fit pic and/or a rise measurement for the Earnest Sewn Hutch. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

bump

20. shade449

shade449 Well-Known Member

Crossposting this from the ask a question thread:

Ok, so I decided that I want a pair of jeans with a lower rise. My favorite fit atm is my Rag & Bone RB16. Here are the measurements (sz 31):

Actual waist: 32"
    Actual inseam: 31"
    Front rise: 10"
    Approx thigh: 10.5"
    Knee: 8"
    Leg opening: 7"

Doesn't matter if inseam is longer but I'd like for all the other measurements to be pretty close to this (except with a lower rise obviously). Any suggestions? I was thinking DH 19cm's myself since I love the black raw but I don't really know any accurate measurements for them.