I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. cshd

cshd Active Member

I'm not 100% positive but the KMW 2010 that is on sale at DenimBar might be the old made-in-China jeans. Still nice, but not as nice as their current made in Japan lines.

You'd probably want to check if there's a discount code for SF members as well.

Oh. no wonder they were cheaper then the other sites. Would the 2010s china be better quality then the Rescues?

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

Oh. no wonder they were cheaper then the other sites. Would the 2010s china be better quality then the Rescues?

Hard to say.

FWIW, the 2010 cut is a fair bit looser/baggier than the Rescue, even after the latter has fully stretched.

3. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Senior member

Hate to ask again, but how close is the 1950 to the Regular Ralf Dry Selvage?

4. whacked

whacked Senior member

Hate to ask again, but how close is the 1950 to the Regular Ralf Dry Selvage?

Kicking Mule 1950(true to size): a little bit roomier at the thigh and knee, smaller hem (due to the slighter taper)

Nudie RRDS(sized down 1): more fitted in the top block (prob less so once fully stretched out), flare at the ankle to a bootcut.

5. premo

premo Senior member

This is it... first pair ever.

APC Rescue 34x34.

My waist is 35" measured. I usually wear 36" jeans. 6'1", 220lbs, 24" thighs for reference.

Stacked
    [​IMG]

Cuffs
    [​IMG]

Side
    [​IMG]

I guess I should pull 'em up, eh?
    [​IMG]

So, what now? Thoughts?

6. wheelsx45

wheelsx45 Senior member

I am about to purchase my first pair of raw jeans and i am looking at Nudie Average Joes and APC NS. I know of the stretch that happens, but does it have to do with your activity? Does the stretching come from constant movement in them? I sit in a wheelchair all day so I am not sure if I should expect as much stretch as the average person.

Was going for a 27 in the nudies and a 26 or 25 in the APCs..

7. ClassicGarnish

ClassicGarnish Senior member

KMW 1980: Was looking to buy these in 32x32, but I currently have the option to buy these in 32x34. Is the inseam length the only difference? Or will there be a difference in the rise, thigh, etc.? I will be hemming them regardless, so if the inseam is the only difference, I will want to pick these up. Anyone know? Thanks!

8. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

I am about to purchase my first pair of raw jeans and i am looking at Nudie Average Joes and APC NS. I know of the stretch that happens, but does it have to do with your activity? Does the stretching come from constant movement in them? I sit in a wheelchair all day so I am not sure if I should expect as much stretch as the average person.

Was going for a 27 in the nudies and a 26 or 25 in the APCs..

I think that it would eventually stretch out for you, but it would take much longer than mofr most people. The biggest difference between those two jeans os the weight of the material. The Average Joes are going to be much thicker and warmer than the New Standards. Hope that helps.

9. premo

premo Senior member

Hmmm, after having worn the new Rescues, I find that the waist is very loose... i can easily fit my hand in there... it's still tight around the thighs and ass though... are they too big?

10. cshd

cshd Active Member

Did you get your size that you always wear or did you size up or down?

11. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Senior member

Kicking Mule 1950(true to size): a little bit roomier at the thigh and knee, smaller hem (due to the slighter taper)

Nudie RRDS(sized down 1): more fitted in the top block (prob less so once fully stretched out), flare at the ankle to a bootcut.

I wear a 32 in RRDS, which is true to size for me--it fits perfectly, a slim but not fitted look. Should I size down 1 on the KMW 1950 or just stay true to size?

12. premo

premo Senior member

Did you get your size that you always wear or did you size up or down?

I usually wear 36's and I went down to 34... it doesn't bother me that they are a bit loose on the waist since I wear a belt but I'm starting to think it might look a little awkward...

13. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Any thoughts on Kenneth Cole denim?

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

I wear a 32 in RRDS, which is true to size for me--it fits perfectly, a slim but not fitted look. Should I size down 1 on the KMW 1950 or just stay true to size?

True to size.

Any thoughts on Kenneth Cole denim?

I'd stay away.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

This is kind of an odd question but, here it goes:

I'd like to get my dad a pair of decent jeans. He has like 20 pairs of ugly wash wranglers that he rotates, and they just look terrible. He's recently lost some what so hopefully he'll recognize that when he sees the smaller waist size. Does Wrangler make anything raw?