I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. cj3113

cj3113 Member

I'm a 32'' waist, but obviously my size changes depending on the brand. Usually go with 34 length, but sometimes 32 is long enough. I'm looking for front rise of like 9-10 inches. Lower than average, but not ridiculous.

2. Asch

Asch Senior member

Hmmm. I think RRL's jeans are pretty low rise, possibly in that range?

Earnest Sewn's Fulton is probably in the 9-10" range, but the design of the fly makes them look ridiculously low.

Also, I think the Acne Max Cash (frequently seen on Rye GB in the WAYWT thread) fits your rise preference, but it's fairly skinny.

3. cj3113

cj3113 Member

I'll check them all out, thanks a lot.

4. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

I just got some Acne Max Raw's, I thought these were supposed to be pretty slim (like new cures), but when I tried them on they weren't as slim as I thought, what is the deal?

5. Cheweh

Cheweh Well-Known Member

How much shrinkage should I expect from soaking my pair of Levi's 511 (made with organic cotton)?
    They're size 32/30.

6. AndrewK

AndrewK Active Member

I'm looking into buying a pair of APC NS or rescue, but as far as I can tell the inseams are 35" and 36" respectively. I'm a pretty short guy (5'4") so I'm not sure this would work for me. Would it be okay for me to take them somewhere to get shortened a bit, or would cheapen or ruin the pants, or should I just wear them like that and they will bunch up at the bottom instead of dragging? (sorry if this is a stupid question, this will be my first pair of raw selvage jeans) Also, is there anywhere I can try on a pair of APC NS or rescue in the San Jose area or San Francisco?

7. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

5 6 here and the stacking looks fine on me
    i know others have hemmed them no prob too

8. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

32 inch waist and 22 inch thighs here, but i think your definition of skinny might differ

I'm looking for:
    - Something that isn't super skinny, as my thighs measure 21" (waist 35") I think they would be pretty skin tight.
    - Comfortable with out looking to loose and baggy
    - Lastly something under $70 if possible I plan on dropping at least another 2 pant sizes within the next 6 months.

9. learner

learner Senior member

I tried on a apir of 30,30 Slim jims (extremely difficult to button up, unsafely tight) but they were too tight down the thigh and leg.

New Standards shoudl stretch in the waist and thigh I am told but what about the leg. Would a pair of 29's in NS also be too tight down the leg?

Should I go with the 30's or more?

TIA

10. Edjeansguy

Edjeansguy Member

I just ordered a pair of Levis 510 Super Skinny rigid, raw indigo color jeans in size 32" X 32" from PacSun. I expect them to be rather snug, which I want and expect, but am wondering if I should have ordered them in my actual waist size of 33" or so or sized up a waist size. I've read some comments about them in other forums. I typically size down a waist size or two to get the snug fit from different styles of jeans, even the skinny or slim styles. I've actually have had to go to size 30", 31" or 32" in the 7 For All Mankind and Diesel brands or other Levis styles. I can't always get the right snug fit, especially in the seat and thighs, since I'm built slight in frame or average build and don't have muscular legs or butt. I'm not skinny, but am 6 ft. and weigh 175 lbs.

I've seen images of them on line and they look similar to the Levis Skinner jeans, which I have a pair in 32" X 32" & 32" X 34". They fit on the hips, have a 9 1/2 " rise and button fly. They fit really snug in the seat, crotch and upper thigh, have a fantastic look and fit, especially in the front, but are boot cut. They are 100% cotton and don't have the stretch like the 510s or 511s, which makes them a bit unconfortable in the waist band at times, since I put on a little weight in the three years since I purchased them. However, losing some weight and loosing an inch on the waist won't be a problem.

Recently, I tried on a pair of the Levis 511 Skinny non-rigid indigo color jeans at Sears. They had a 32" X 32", which weren't snug enough for me around the seat, crotch and thighs. The only other smaller size that they had was a size 30" X 32", which I could zip up and button the waist band, but were too tight and binding in the waist band. Otherwise, they had the right snug fit that I was looking for. They didn't have a size 31" waist to try on and I figure that it would have been a good fit if they had them.

Does anyone have any experience in wearing the Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans that has an average build and isn't skinny and likes to wear a pair of jeans that are "just right tight" from the waist to the cuffs? Also, did you buy a size down, exact waist size or size up depending upon your build? Your help would be appreciated.
    Edjeansguy

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Well, you already ordered them. May as well just wait 2-3 days and see for yourself. Can't change anything now anyways

12. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

What the f is up with Sears' website? Haven't been able to access it for months.

13. AndrewK

AndrewK Active Member

Do raw selvedge jeans start to smell if you go with the whole don't wash for 6 months thing, and if so, is there any way to get rid of the smell without washing?

14. Dj01

Dj01 Member

Do raw selvedge jeans start to smell if you go with the whole don't wash for 6 months thing, and if so, is there any way to get rid of the smell without washing?

It depends.. if you sweat alot, then probably. There is always febreeze. If it gets bad then you can dry clean.

15. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

Just wondering when it would be safe to wear white shoes with Raw Indigo Denim (specifically APCs)? Or is it never a good time? I don't really want my white shoes to turn blue [​IMG] .