I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Looking for a new pair of jeans with similar "new standard" fit but better denim and a longer inseam.

At this point I'm looking at samurai and skulls? Any ideas? better options?

-FG

edit: how about these: Samurai 15oz S0500XX

Off the top of my head, the only jeans with longer inseams than APC's 36" are Dior, Imperial, those Dry Bones Red-D slims, and Ande Whall Cougars. The first three don't really fit like APC NS, which leaves the Cougars. The new ones look like they have a slightly smaller leg opening, but I can't recommend them highly enough. Cone Mills selvage!
    [​IMG]

The S0500 are great jeans, but after shrinking the inseam is about the same as APC. BTW, do you really need longer than 36"?

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

But does anyone know if this is just stiffness that will eventually subside? It just seems like there's excess fabric around the crotch that makes it look really weird.

As they got softer it will probably get a bit better, but it's also a result of high front and back rises, which won't change. Can you wear them any higher? That might help too.

3. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Any reccomendations for a relatively slim pair of grey jeans (preferably selvage) that are non-raw and decent quality for under $100ish? Minimal distressign would be best also.

Thanks

4. Mini

Mini Member

Agave jeans, I recently looked at a pair, they fit my body really well. I was wondering how well they are known for lasting? Are they good quality?

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Lee 101B horse hair. Fit slim or no?

6. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Any reccomendations for a relatively slim pair of grey jeans (preferably selvage) that are non-raw and decent quality for under $100ish? Minimal distressign would be best also.
    Thanks

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d_dry_grey.php

Not the slimmest, but the rise isn't too high and you can always get them tapered. Cheap Monday also does grey; they would be slimmer, but non selvage, and lower quality.

Agave jeans, I recently looked at a pair, they fit my body really well. I was wondering how well they are known for lasting? Are they good quality?

Funny story, one of the first pairs in the 'Post pics of your denim' thread (by ken, no less!) was a pair of Agave. I have no idea if they're any good or last long, but pre-washed doesn't get a whole lot of love around here.

I really don't think so, but maybe someone else can give you a more definitive answer. You could try SuFu too...

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I think the 101b's are more of a standard straight (aka loose by SuFu standards). The 101z is the slim straight.

8. sonz

sonz Active Member

Hey, I have a sizing question. I'm about to buy some esef sky's, jeans waist measure 34" and I'm a 36" in prewashed jeans. Will these even fit me? I think they'll stretch out, but I've seen posts that say order true to size for these.

9. funkygroove

funkygroove Well-Known Member

I'm 6'3 so a 36 inseam is about perfect. I think I'll go for the samurais...

10. progressiveminded

progressiveminded Senior member

Hey, I have a sizing question. I'm about to buy some esef sky's, jeans waist measure 34" and I'm a 36" in prewashed jeans. Will these even fit me? I think they'll stretch out, but I've seen posts that say order true to size for these.

ESEFs measure one inch less in the waist than marked, at least from their size charts.

11. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

crap if these don't fit right when they come, check the supermarket. sum1 will be happy with 30 dollar jeans.

12. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Thanks Bona, those look good. What doesn't look good is them not having any cotdamn of those jeans in stock!

13. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

how does sizing run on acne mic raw?

from the measurements at tobi, look like sizing down 1 would be a good idea

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

pbj xx006, you got to hot soak it before wear, correct?

Yes for raw, no for one wash.