I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

whats the smallest waist size for jeans h&m carries i mean sliqs.

2. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Looking to buy a pair of Raw Denim jeans, APC's or Nudie's.

Was looking at the APC site but it seems there is much better value to be had elsewhere. This is especially so because of the current exchange rates. Buying in dollars would be a big advantage to me.

Can anyone recomend a good online store that ships to Europe at a reasonable rate?

Thanks.

Self Edge carries Nudie, but not APC.

Context Clothing, Tobi and Denim Bar all carry APC (Context and DB have Nudies too) and ship intl.

3. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Ok, I bit the bullet and gave in to tempation today and got a pair of Nudies RRDS at American Rag in LA. I swear to god...if any of my friends or family finds out I paid $297 dollars fora pair of jeans they will probably kill me.

Initial reaction: I sized down a hair to the 33/34. They are uber tight in the thighs. Im worried that when I start bulking again in the winter I wont fit in them at all...but Ill cross that bridge when I get to it. So Ive been wearing them around the house today and am starting to fall in love. I never thought anything but loose fit would work for me, but it feels good. My only social interaction was walking down to the rock bottom to grab a jug of beer for tonight and noticed 2 girls scoping me out (or so I believe). GOod start. thanks for the advise, board.

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

5. bobmcbob

bobmcbob Member

So, are boot cut jeans cool or not?

6. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

wow 297...

275 retail, plus killer tax. Probably could have scored it a little cheaper if I shopped around online. Too impulsive I guess. or dumb. I dont know.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

275 retail, plus killer tax. Probably could have scored it a little cheaper if I shopped around online. Too impulsive I guess. or dumb. I dont know.

Could have gotten like 20% off at Denimbar...

8. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

Could have gotten like 20% off at Denimbar...

Damn. Ok, thats a little different than just a few bucks. So if the tags are off and Ive worn them for a day they probably wont take them back, huh?

9. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

Damn. Ok, thats a little different than just a few bucks. So if the tags are off and Ive worn them for a day they probably wont take them back, huh?

yeah you're screwed. they're not going to take them back after a day of wear and no tags, haha.

its fine, only like $55 wasted.

10. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

um, i don't think the denimbar honors the code now that mauro is gone...so no money saved.

11. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

I'm thinking about investing in a pair of entry level raw japanese selvedge denim. Which brad and model should I look in to? There is too much to choose from.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

What is your price range, what kind of fit are you looking for, what is your style like?

13. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

What is your price range, what kind of fit are you looking for, what is your style like?

I was hoping to pay under $200, but I don't know how much quality I would get for that. I will pay more if it's necessary. I don't really know that much about fits. Maybe similar to APC NS? My style mostly consist of solid colour tees and shirts with cardigans.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Technically, APC NS are entry level raw selvage denim but i'm assuming you want a japanese company. Most of these jeans are over $200 though as most all of the japanese repro company jeans are.

Skull 5010 6x6 are sold at self edge, Blue in green, and some other sites. Slim fit, maybe slightly more so than APC NS with really nice looking denim. There have been issues with stitching, but some have good experiences, some bad.

Samurai s0500 and 710- Both have top notch denim and quality. The s0500 is slightly tapered and slim but maybe slightly more relaxed than apc ns. The 710 is probably closer to the NS fit but maybe a bit slimmer in the thighs. Sold at blue in green.

I'm guessing you don't want nudies but the slim jim and grim timm are similar to what you're looking for and the grim timm can be found in selvage i believe. Cultizm, self edge, revolve and a million other places stock nudies.

Pure Blue Japan xx005. They're not tapered but a true straight leg, however, they're still slim in the top block. Found at blue in green.

Kicking Mule Workshop- Not a japanese company necessarily, but with very similar aesthetics. The 1980 cut is similar to the new standard and the rocker cut is a bit slimmer than that. Found at context, denim bar (soon will be at farinellis), and another place or two i think.

Flathead f310- Great denim, great fit (similar to ns i believe, maybe not as tapered), and good fading qualities. Sold at self edge.

I'd browse self edge and blue in green stores and look at the fits and measurements they have.

god i'm bored

15. progressiveminded

progressiveminded Senior member

I'm a slim guy with approximately a 30'' waist. In the past, I've gone with jeans that are very fitted, but not to the degree that I'd call them tight. For this next pair, I'm interested in something more relaxed, but by no means baggy. A good standard cut with a mid-rise and relatively straight leg would do nicely. Here's the problem: I swim in anything that is marketed is "straight fit" or "relaxed," so I've had a rather tough time figuring out what I want.

I'm slanted more towards Japanese brands at this moment, but I don't want to deal with a huge rise. Ideally, nothing more than 10.5'' in the front. I'd also like to use a proxy, as I want to get tabs and arcs if I am to go with the Japanese route. Anyone have suggestions, either for proxy or directly ordering from Rakuten, and more important, which jean?