• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

abcdenim

Reaction score
I dont really think getting a tapered or straight cut matters too much in your situation because you end up cutting the taper off your jeans anyways when you hem them to 25" so it actually might be better to get the tapered cuts for more room in your thighs. with that said, check out some naked and famous weirdguys, and hem them to make it fit. your best bet is to keep trying on different things and cuts since you are in a pretty rare circumstance. best of luck! good choice with raw selvedge tho

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by addies
What are your guys thoughts on Artist Denim? I've been debating over getting a pair of those or Nudies.

have you seen the sufu thread? it's much more active than the Artist thread is here. some recent communication problems with Gun, the Artist guy, seem to have just cleared up. Things are sounding good.
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...224236&page=81

jonnyfive

Reaction score
Are all PRPS jeans seldevge??? I know that the heirlooms are not, except for the rare few(raw selvedge)... But the actual PRPS with leather back patch.. Are they ALL selvedge, or just some...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is there so little talk of indigo skin here on sf? there are some beautiful evo pics of them on sufu/tumblr, but they seem to get very little love here.
Originally Posted by mrpo0nani
I am a little short and my inseam is about 25" so it best for me to avoid tapered cuts because I have a 10.75" thigh and a 7.125" knee and just go with a straight cut? This is what I was told. My only specific example would be the APC New Standard's cut, or anything similar. I just recently threw away my 30x30 Levi 511's because they got way too tight at the thighs and am looking to buy my first pair of raw selvedge that fits like the Levi's but without the constricted thighs.
hey I am real short as well (probably a similar height to you based on your inseam) and my first pair of "nice" jeans were some N&F weird guys. In my biased opinion, I think they look real good on my short build. They are pretty much a slim straight cut but with a slight taper to the hem. they were originally hemmed to 30" but I think I am going to chop off another 1.5-2".

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
why is there so little talk of indigo skin here on sf? there are some beautiful evo pics of them on sufu/tumblr, but they seem to get very little love here.
I had never heard of them until today so I checked out the thread. They're nice looking jeans (except for the rear logo) and they look cleanly made but I don't know how they'd get any love outside of that. $285 for made in Thailand Kaihara? I'd pass.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone know anything about Band of Outsiders denim? They introduced their first jeans with the SS2012 show. Wondering what they'll be like.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
So anyone know anything about Band of Outsiders denim? They introduced their first jeans with the SS2012 show. Wondering what they'll be like.

not available in inseams >28", lol.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I care, or rather I'm curious. If BoO doesn't make clothes for neo-railroad workers and lumberjacks, it doesn't bother me any.

^Yo, that wouldn't even surprise me. I don't think he's as bad as Thom Browne though. That guy's go-to style icon is Pee Wee Herman.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
I care, or rather I'm curious. If BoO doesn't make clothes for neo-railroad workers and lumberjacks, it doesn't bother me any.

True. No one in the market right now makes jeans for anyone outside the neo-railroad worker/lumberjack circle jerk. ****, dude. I think you're on to something...

ManCalledNova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
1. Yes, the Momotaros will fade to a nice blue color. They should fade very similarly to the Context collabs. I wouldn't worry too much about the black weft, it just gives the faded parts a slightly darker hue, but it won't show through as black until you start breaking warp threads from wear. 2. Since you mentioned more than once that durability is a big deal to you, I would recommend the brand Iron Heart. IME, their jeans are probably the most durable that I've worn yet, and I've worn jeans from most of the major high end Japanese and American denim manufacterers before. Cuts that you might like from this brand, since you want things somewhat slim, include the 301S, the 666, and the Beatle Buster. 3. I would recommend Denim Doctors at the Hollywood Trading Company for repairs. They do a great job, and they accept mail-ins for repair, so you don't even have to be local to them to take advantage of their services.
1. Great...not a huge fan of black jeans personally. 2. I was checking out Iron Heart...they are a little out of my price range sadly... Do they ever go on sale? 3. That sounds awesome, may have to do that.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManCalledNova
1. Great...not a huge fan of black jeans personally.

2. I was checking out Iron Heart...they are sadly a little out of my price range sadly... Do they ever go on sale?

3. That sounds awesome, may have to do that.

Not really, but Self Edge just had a 12% off sale this past weekend, and it included all of the IH stuff that they carry AFAIK. They do this a few times a year, so if you want IH at a discount, that is probably your best bet. You can also check out Ebay and the B&S forums here, the prices are usually better there as well if you can find what you are looking for.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought these. How do I determine how long the hem should be? As long as possible without touching the floor? Any other guidelines?

NMN171J_mu.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads