1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. datguy21

datguy21 Well-Known Member

Hey.

Next time I'm out, I'll try on two pairs of 508s again to check I didn't have a lucky pair. I'll try some 501s too as they had a narrower leg opening at the bottom. I'll see what other straight fits are around with the 508s and report back :)!

Thanks again!

2. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I can't wait to see what you end up with..

Hopefully a great fitting pair of jeans - don't forget to post pics!!!:)

3. datguy21

I hope so too! So the ideal fit is slim and tight-ish. I think I get it now. Only reason I want to try the straights in a few styles is the waist on 508 34 was loose. Maybe the next pairs I try aren't so bad!

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT BUY TIGHT JEANS!!!

You look much slimmer in classic or straight styles!

Promise me you won't buy tight jeans - honestly they don't suit you

Straight leg or classic and you'll look great

PLEASE!!!:):):):D

1 person likes this.
  5. datguy21

I did try on some Diesel but I thought they were too saggy on the butt. Can you look and maybe save me a trip?

Failing that, I'll go against the 508 and try on different straight styles, :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Please, tight jeans Don't suit you!

If you sized up on the Diesels you might get away with it, but I would stick with a classic or straight cut!

Not Skinny!!!!!!!!!:):):)

1 person likes this.
  7. datguy21

Got it. No slim jeans as I make them look skinny.
    I tried on some 501s before with the more modern light taper at the bottom. Will try on again. Worth trying to see if the seat is better?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

DEFINITELY!!!

Kop those - they look great on you!

End of search I hope...

They Really suit you:):D:):)

9. datguy21

Woo! I'll go out whenever I can and try on two pairs of them in my closest leg length (30") and that waist and report back. Just aware Levi's have strange sizing across the board. Rather than waste your time more, I'll also grab every pair of straights I find too so then I've basically tried every Levi's pair possible! The 501s seem to be what I'm after though!

Thanks a lot, again!

10. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

You're welcome!

Just go and BUY them!

Look forward to fit pics:)

11. mlwdp

mlwdp Member

What brand in BLACK DARK SELVEDGE is similar to apc new standards in sizing/stretch? I have a pair of 36 waist ns and they stretched to 40, so I'm looking for an equivalent brand that is of either US or Japan origin that will stretch to this size but in black dark ink color selvedge, sub 200-250. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  12. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

so I just received my levi's 510 and I didn't think they would be this skinny :confused: now i'm torn between keeping or selling them. thoughts? thank you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They're a little bit skinny - but they do suit you!

Unless you're uncomfortable I'd say keep them!:)

14. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I think I'm selling these. It doesn't feel uncomfortable but I hate looking like a malnourished boy.

15. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Yeah, you don't need to keep them as you have now a pair of grey N&F jeans to break in. They fit you very well.

16. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

What the fuck is wrong with everyone quoting pictures a gazillion times. Just edit the quote, not much of a hassle and keeps the tread tidy.

17. arterimal

arterimal New Member

Now that it's warming up, any lightweight denim options available? Would love to get my hands on the 5oz Naked and Famous released some years ago but doesnt seem to be around anymore.

18. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

Hello, I just received in the mail a pair of Nudie Straight Alf "Tonal dry", 13 oz italian rigid denim, nice jeans. Right now they are just a bit tight, so I am wondering if I should size down. Some time ago I had an Average Joe in distressed wash that stretched like crazy, and it was fairly tight at the beginning.

I would like to know if someone here have experience with this 13 oz Nudie rigid denim and how much is going to strecth

http://www.nudiejeans.com/shop/tonal-dry/p/2876

[​IMG]

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

No, I wouldn't size down.. The stretch and distressed washes stretch like crazy, you're right, but the rigid denim won't! If they're a bit tight now, they'll just mould to your own body shape.. Hope this helps:)

20. datguy21

Tried the 501s again...not sold on them yet. Buying 4-5 pairs so gonna run a few more past you if that's Ok? 501 or 504? I'm leaning to the 504 as the 501 seem baggy :(see second pics

Here are the 504s:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

501:

[​IMG]

GSTAR Low Tapered: have these atm but need an inch off waist and would guess they're too tight. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]