1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Thanks Who ... Should I soak them immediately or wear them for a while before soaking?
    You only soak jeans for one of two reasons: 1) you're trying to shrink them or 2) you're trying to clean them. Since they're already pre-shrunk and not dirty...

2. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Well-Known Member

That's what I figured but since they're brand new and raw I wasn't sure if they're pre-shrunk or not ... Thanks for the help and sorry about the noob questioning ...

3. XeF4

XeF4 Well-Known Member

Is running in raw denim a good or bad idea?

Do 5EP LDBs come in 28 x 34?

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Is running in raw denim a good or bad idea?

is that a serious question?

5. colin06

colin06 Active Member

Quick question. I'm about to pick up a pair of raw 5EP SDZ's. Should I size down one or two?

6. XeF4

XeF4 Well-Known Member

is that a serious question?
    yeah, I want to wear them hard, what better oppertunity than when i am running?

7. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

yeah, I want to wear them hard, what better oppertunity than when i am running?

So they will get sweaty and disgusting and you'll have to wash them more often?

8. XeF4

XeF4 Well-Known Member

Isnt this the forum where people brag about not washing their jeans for a year?

9. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

No. And how could you expect to do that when they will be covered in sweat and smell like ass after a week?

10. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing. Running in jeans is not my idea of comfort, but if you genuinely believe that, go for it. They are just jeans after all. People, myself included, bike in jeans all the time.

And nothing fundamentally bad about washing jeans often. Unless you want mad fadez out of APC, Nudie or something...

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

anyone getting the PBJ xx010?

same denim/cut as xx007 but with a purple tone warp and purple weft.
    i just preordered a pair from BiG. crap

i have a question. there is an eternal model that is eluding me..it is the one where it is very streaky looking and straight cut i believe.
    do you know what that model is? and where it can be found? maybe it is discontinued not sure.

12. theguy

theguy Well-Known Member

right now I have a pair of average joe, dry heavies and I would like to grab something a hair bigger in the leg.
    Maybe something right between my average joes and my paper denim (Alec Relaxed boot)
    (I know paper denim is not really favored on this site; but they looked good on me and were $50)

I have been looking on various sites and each one is telling me a different leg measurement for the average joes. So its hard for me to know whats what.

(looking to spend anywhere from $1 - $175)

thanks guys

any help would be appreciated

13. sho'nuff

here is the photo i found it finally:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

from sufu.

anyone know where these models can be found? thanks.

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

Hey guys

I'm starting on a new pair of indigo in about 3 months. I'm really interested in the Flathead 310. I been meaning to look at some Samurais. Any models you guys recommend? I really like my APC NS, PJB-007, and my SExI04 Black isn't too bad either.

15. sho'nuff

16. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Isnt this the forum where people brag about not washing their jeans for a year?
    People do what they want to do to a $200 pair of jeans. You'll find 20 people on here saying to wash them every month just like you'll find 20 people telling you to never wash them. Personally, I can't imagine not laughing at someone running on a track/tredmill/etc. in jeans. But hey, some people take this shit a lot more seriously than they probably should; to each their own but last I checked they were still only clothes.

17. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

18. sho'nuff

oh i guess i have to get them from japan then. thanks.

19. Dolorosa

Dolorosa Well-Known Member

I've got another (possibly noob) question ... how can you tell if a pair of jeans are sanforized? I'm just trying to figure out what to do with these new Corpus jeans but no one seems to have a whole lot to say about Corpus denim. They're too long right now so I'm tempted to soak them to get the shrinkage out of the way, but if they're sanforized that seems somewhat pointless and I might just go get them hemmed so I can stop cuffing them.

Help ...

20. sartort

sartort Well-Known Member

I just received my first pair of raw/dry denim, Nudie Slim Jims from Self Edge and have a couple of questions....

1)If I wear my dress shirts tucked in (which always), will the dye rub off from the inside of the waist band onto my shirts? In other words, am I going to ruin some shirts by wearing them with these jeans?

2)If so, how can I prevent this?

3)If I want to keep the jeans looking minimalist and clean and basically looking like they look brand new, would washing them prior to actually wearing them be a good idea? Also this might help with number 1. I am not interested in crazy fades and whiskering. I like the look of them as they are new and want to keep them that way as much as possible. How do I achieve this?

Thanks.