• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want black jeans that will fade nicely, look at the Samurai 710BK.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old pics of me in AI-001 (from WAYWT Part 1)
0331072ab8.jpg
033107yk6.jpg
High res slub shot: Goddamn! (Parts with no wear are even slubbier) Can't help u with the Shoai, haven't tried them on. They are the same fit as the Oni blue, so you could take a look at people's shots. Though, probably doesn't tell much.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be honest I don't think any of the PBJ fits are particularly slim. You'll probably need to size down a lot.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went true to size. And yeah, they are a normal straight leg. There are no really slubby jeans in a really slim fit, AFAIK.

wizzeak

Reaction score
OK so I'm pretty worried 'cause I don't want to screw up my jeans after a soak and not be able to exchange them.

OK so first, I'm getting some PBJ xx005s and BiG stated that they were STF. So I was gonna warm soak them for 45 minutes and then hang for 45 minutes to get out the excess water, and then finally wear them outside till they dry. Seemed solid to me, but then someone said if I wear them while wet, I would screw up the honeycombs in the future by setting the creases in weird positions, where as other people are saying that it would help the honeycomb process by getting off to a good start by setting creases. But I'm also worried that if I don't wear them while wet, they might shrink to much/not shrink to conform my body for a perfect fit.

So really what should I do?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy the one wash

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
How about the S710XX?

Looks like he's after extreme slub, don't think any of the normal Samurai denims would cut it.

There is always stronghold though. They do custom fits and have a really slubby natural indigo denim similar to PBJ, KMW, and Oni.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the AWA is prob the slimmest of the super slub jeans... I am not super fond of that cut but if you size down it'd be pretty slim.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ive been perusing sufu and i noticed that Samurai is held in pretty high regard over there. (here also)
especially in there This or That (a good idea for this forum btw) thread, hands down everybody chooses the samurai models over the vs similar fitting other brands like skull, pbj, eternals and others.

i know samurai uses the really heavier denim in their 15-21 oz jeans. they also carry a wide variety of cuts and combos of weight and cuts.

but what is it that makes this brand stand out besides these factors above? that makes them so appealing? will i notice when i get one and try one on? is it the fading factor?

i know they usually come in a more fuller thigh which is not my ideal. but besides that. anything makes them 'empirically' popular over the others?

i am intrigued

jayce030

Reaction score
I'm looking for a legit distressed jean... been looking at Acne. Whats the best slim, not tight, style they have? The Mic raw's? Sorry - I tried a search and came up with too much info, mainly threads about face "acne".

I read highly of the RRL. I'm open to any other highly recommended brands as well!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
PG, are you saying that the AIs after a soak and/or several wears the slub factor dies off?
AI's are one wash so a soak doesn't do anything. It's pretty much a given that a significant amount of wear on a jean is going to cause a jean to soften up and thin out a little. Slubs stick out, so they are going to wear quicker than parts that don't stick out. Either way, its not fast enough for it to make a difference. Just look at my picture. Its slubby as hell. All I'm pointing out is that the lower leg is even slubbier. Shoe, stop buying jeans. Seriously. And the shirt is H&M

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads