I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

If you want black jeans that will fade nicely, look at the Samurai 710BK.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Old pics of me in AI-001 (from WAYWT Part 1) [​IMG] [​IMG] High res slub shot: Goddamn! (Parts with no wear are even slubbier) Can't help u with the Shoai, haven't tried them on. They are the same fit as the Oni blue, so you could take a look at people's shots. Though, probably doesn't tell much.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Thanks pg. I see the AIs are not slim by any means. Look like they may be comparable to the blue fit onis. Did you size up on the pbj ?

Nice photos btw !

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

To be honest I don't think any of the PBJ fits are particularly slim. You'll probably need to size down a lot.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I went true to size. And yeah, they are a normal straight leg. There are no really slubby jeans in a really slim fit, AFAIK.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

How about the S710XX?

8. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

OK so I'm pretty worried 'cause I don't want to screw up my jeans after a soak and not be able to exchange them.

OK so first, I'm getting some PBJ xx005s and BiG stated that they were STF. So I was gonna warm soak them for 45 minutes and then hang for 45 minutes to get out the excess water, and then finally wear them outside till they dry. Seemed solid to me, but then someone said if I wear them while wet, I would screw up the honeycombs in the future by setting the creases in weird positions, where as other people are saying that it would help the honeycomb process by getting off to a good start by setting creases. But I'm also worried that if I don't wear them while wet, they might shrink to much/not shrink to conform my body for a perfect fit.

So really what should I do?

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Buy the one wash

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

How about the S710XX?

Looks like he's after extreme slub, don't think any of the normal Samurai denims would cut it.

There is always stronghold though. They do custom fits and have a really slubby natural indigo denim similar to PBJ, KMW, and Oni.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

PG, are you saying that the AIs after a soak and/or several wears the slub factor dies off?

im looking for a jean (most likely AI) that will be the most slubbed but will stay that way for a long while.

and PG, where do you get that shirt you have on above? that is something i need. i like that taper cut.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think the AWA is prob the slimmest of the super slub jeans... I am not super fond of that cut but if you size down it'd be pretty slim.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ive been perusing sufu and i noticed that Samurai is held in pretty high regard over there. (here also)
    especially in there This or That (a good idea for this forum btw) thread, hands down everybody chooses the samurai models over the vs similar fitting other brands like skull, pbj, eternals and others.

i know samurai uses the really heavier denim in their 15-21 oz jeans. they also carry a wide variety of cuts and combos of weight and cuts.

but what is it that makes this brand stand out besides these factors above? that makes them so appealing? will i notice when i get one and try one on? is it the fading factor?

i know they usually come in a more fuller thigh which is not my ideal. but besides that. anything makes them 'empirically' popular over the others?

i am intrigued

14. jayce030

jayce030 Senior member

I'm looking for a legit distressed jean... been looking at Acne. Whats the best slim, not tight, style they have? The Mic raw's? Sorry - I tried a search and came up with too much info, mainly threads about face "acne".

I read highly of the RRL. I'm open to any other highly recommended brands as well!

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

PG, are you saying that the AIs after a soak and/or several wears the slub factor dies off?
    AI's are one wash so a soak doesn't do anything. It's pretty much a given that a significant amount of wear on a jean is going to cause a jean to soften up and thin out a little. Slubs stick out, so they are going to wear quicker than parts that don't stick out. Either way, its not fast enough for it to make a difference. Just look at my picture. Its slubby as hell. All I'm pointing out is that the lower leg is even slubbier. Shoe, stop buying jeans. Seriously. And the shirt is H&M