I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

This is meant to be the main thread for anyone needing recommendations for their next pair(s) of jeans since "Ask a Question" was far too confusing of a thread title. Please post your questions instead of beginning your own new thread. Queries will be answered in the order they were received. Thanks.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thank you Jesus.

3. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

Saw this post, and since nobody's answering my topic yet...

**repost**

I am 6'2", around 170lbs and I'm looking for jeans I can wear with my boots. The jeans I have now are from Viktor (it's a brand which makes custom jeans back in the Philippines) and the ones I got was a straight leg since I wore Chucks a lot, so the opening at the leg is rather large (the boot is quite slim)

Can anyone help me? I'm a t-shirt and jeans sort of dude..

4. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

I have a jean. Actually jeans, and they are new. Which leg should go in first, left or right, if I want to develop the most sickest fades?

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I have a jean. Actually jeans, and they are new. Which leg should go in first, left or right, if I want to develop the most sickest fades?

3rd leg. Crotch fade is all.

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Thank you Jesus.

Pin this shit now.

7. onion

onion Senior member

Saw this post, and since nobody's answering my topic yet... **repost** I am 6'2", around 170lbs and I'm looking for jeans I can wear with my boots. The jeans I have now are from Viktor (it's a brand which makes custom jeans back in the Philippines) and the ones I got was a straight leg since I wore Chucks a lot, so the opening at the leg is rather large (the boot is quite slim) Can anyone help me? I'm a t-shirt and jeans sort of dude..
    And you're happy with the wide leg? Or are you looking for a different style? If you are happy with the jeans, a measurement of the leg opening and thigh would help so we can refer you to similarly cut jeans. Also what are you willing to spend, and are you looking for dry/raw denim and/or selvage?

8. whodini

Thank you Jesus.
    You only get one. [​IMG] Now you kids play nice.

9. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

How does sizing work for Samurai 710XX? If I wear 28-30 in most jeans (28 APC NS for example) what tagged size would I get? Basically after soaking/stretching is done which tagged size ends up around 30"?

10. whodini

How does sizing work for Samurai 710XX? If I wear 28-30 in most jeans (28 APC NS for example) what tagged size would I get? Basically after soaking/stretching is done which tagged size ends up around 30"?
    It sounds like you'll want to go 32 depending on how you want to wear the jeans. I think BiG said the new batch of sami's were shrinking 2" from tagged size (32 tagged to 30" post-wash)

11. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

It sounds like you'll want to go 32 depending on how you want to wear the jeans. I think BiG said the new batch of sami's were shrinking 2" from tagged size (32 tagged to 30" post-wash)

Just like normal, non-Emo jeans...So generally buy 2 sizes (tagged) bigger than what you normally wear I gather.

12. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Heh, and I thought this was going to be a brilliant play on 'I have a dream'

[​IMG]

13. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Nobody says pant, trouser, pajama, or boxer so why say jean?

jeans
    1. Plural form of jean.
    2. (plural only; not used in singular form) A pair of trousers made from denim cotton, normally dyed dark blue.

14. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

And you're happy with the wide leg? Or are you looking for a different style? If you are happy with the jeans, a measurement of the leg opening and thigh would help so we can refer you to similarly cut jeans.

Also what are you willing to spend, and are you looking for dry/raw denim and/or selvage?

I'm looking for a timeless style which will look good with whatever I wear. The leg opening was kind of wide, and I thought that it kind of looks weird with the slimness of the boot.

I'll get measurements ASAP.

Money's not really an issue here...

15. whodini

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Nobody says pant, trouser, pajama, or boxer so why say jean?
    It refers to the fabric, which is why "..." works so well on top of playing off of MLK,Jr. One might have a jean.... jacket? pair of pants? wallet? diaper?