• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i have a few months off to prepare for my next job in another country and i want to

Reaction score
..get fit. i've got absolutely nothing except for the odd errand here and there and packing etc.. what should i do fitness/ diet wise?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. how old are you?
2. where do you stand today fitness wise? what do you need to improve?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy some resistance bands so you can easily take them with you to the next country and subscribe to http://www.liveexercise.com. Or do P90X. globetrotter brings up some important points. No use doing it if you don't stay with it.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Convict Conditioning for bodyweight resistance exercises. No bands, no weights, no nothing - just you. Sounds cheesy and lame, and the marketing is pretty over the top but its good stuff.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
see, if I had several months with nothing to do, I'd lift weights twice a week, run twice a week, do yogo twice a week. build up muscle, cardio and flexibilty/balance. then you get their witha good base, and you can work out your routine from there, but it depends on what you want to achieve. in two months, you can get great results, if that is your primary focus in life

Reaction score
i'm 27. i'm okay fitness wise. haven't been into sports lately like i stopped playing badminton last december but i can be in good condition in a couple of weeks once i'm in my groove. i have about till september. would like to cut some weight/fat.

i'd say i can spend the whole day in the gym in between closing down one house, moving some people into another, and moving my own stuff into another for storage! quite a busy shuffle/ rearranging but that's bout it.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walk outside everyday for an hour in the AM.
Work out mid-morning 3x a week.
Play a sport you like. shoot baskets, play tennis, go biking.
maybe some daytime yoga classes with bored housewives.
teacha.gif

johansn

Reaction score
Since you've got no stress and no work you have the chance to change your diet completely. You can skip fast food since you have enough time anyways. If you want you can experiment a bit with food and cooking. Before every day, or every week if you want, have your schedule ready, what to eat, when and have it ready in your fridge. Build it around your training schedule and around your plans.

Start with a good breakfast, with eggs if you want, fruits and some oats. After 3 hours have some fruit and water. Two hours later have your meal. Remember to drink plenty of water since you will be training a lot. Try to have enough protein as possible, especially before and after workout. Try to have one gram of protein every day per every two pound you weigh (if you weigh 200 lbs, consume 100 gr of protein). Try to include some fruits or vegetables in every meal, the greener the veggies the better. Chicken is always good for protein and creatine consumption. Have some healthy snacks 1-2 hours before you go to sleep.

Pick a day during each week where you can eat what you want. Saturday is a good candy day, because usually people dont workout on saturday and its more acceptable. You will feel your body shocked and working through it. Dont worry, it will. On sunday you will be be dying for your veggies and your chicken.

Reaction score
what do you guys think of doing circuits for burning fat?

anyone have a good program i can use?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guest
what do you guys think of doing circuits for burning fat? anyone have a good program i can use?
Insanity Asylum. It's a 30 day program, too.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was independently wealthy (which is the closest approximation to your current status that I can think of), the last thing I would consider is spending all day in the gym. Get a mountain bike and explore every trail within a couple of hours driving distance. Get a backpack and go on day hikes. You'll get plenty fit walking a few miles a day. Yes, you can spend an hour in the gym lifting weights, but doing cardio in the gym? That's for people with no time, not people in your situation. Get outside in the fresh air and enjoy your situation, it may never happen again in your lifetime..
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads