Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a borrelli & an oxxford that're up for grab

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 8, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Hey guys, I went on a Borrelli hunt for HRHAndrew today. I found him a 48R Borrelli at the Boston Filenes Basement. I then went to the Newton Basement store to try to get myself a Borrelli cashmere sweater (only $169. Alas, didn't have my size). I bought a second Borrelli for HRHAndrew, but it turns out they had mistagged it. It was a 42R, not a 48R as the tag said. The Oxxford was tagged incorrectly as well (I was buying for myself, and couldn't try it on because I grabbed it right before closing time). The Oxxford is a 40, and is a longish regular. It's just a dab big for me (DAMN..&#33[​IMG]. I'm about 25 minutes closer to the post office than I am to the Newton Filene's, so I thought I'd see if anyone here would like to inquire further about the suits before I return them in a couple weeks. I could ship the Borrelli to you for $925, and the Oxxford for $725. The Borrelli (which was actually originally from Mr. Sid's, and was not part of this Borrelli bonanza they're having) is a superfine Merino 150s, three season to year round weight, navy blue with gray and ligher blue pinstripes. Double vented, three button (lower stance so shows a good amount of tie), double pleasted pants with split back waistband. The Oxxford is a mid-weight wool in a "grayish-brown." It seems like a mix of gray and brown that is "heathered." It has very fine pinstripes of navy bluish and light tan. A two button. A little higher button stance than most Oxxfords, so it shapes in a bit more at the waist than normal Oxxfords -- it appears to have been a MTM that was never picked up. Quarter lined jacket and unlined flat front pants. PM me if you are interested in pics, measurements, etc.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I'm gonna move this post over to the Buying and Selling forum.