• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I hate Burberry Scarves!

Siggy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
2
Well, it is here again... Burberry scarf season! When every joe and joesephine shmoe dons their identical tan checked scarves to go out. I am already sick of seeing everyone wearing them, just like last year. I guess nobody realizes that everyone else is already wearing the same damn Burberry scarf!
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
157
The cashmere ones that aren't the standard tan plaid, though, are nice.

I can even stand the standard plaid one if it is worn by someone otherwise dressed well.



- B
 

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,360
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Siggy
Well, it is here again... Burberry scarf season! When every joe and joesephine shmoe don their identical tan checked scarves to go out. I am already sick of seeing everyone wearing them, just like last year. I guess nobody realizes that everyone else is already wearing the same damn Burberry scarf!

I saw a news paper picture of one German minister wearing one.


Nothing says you have arrived in life like Bureberry scarf.
 

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
22,512
Reaction score
3,505
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The cashmere ones that aren't the standard tan plaid, though, are nice.

I can even stand the standard plaid one if it is worn by someone otherwise dressed well.



I kind of agree. The plaid is not objectively bad. The Nova plaid was all over campus when I was in college; it went well with standard-issue college clothes (dark peacoats, jeans, and sweaters, etc.). But the band-aid color of it makes it difficult to pair with the stuff I wear now.
 

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,407
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Siggy
Well, it is here again... Burberry scarf season! When every joe and joesephine shmoe dons their identical tan checked scarves to go out. I am already sick of seeing everyone wearing them, just like last year. I guess nobody realizes that everyone else is already wearing the same damn Burberry scarf!

i could have said the same about people wearing suits at major cities' financial districts...
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
18
Oh how I miss the days when Burberry actually was not a fashion brand and was worn about the country by British gentry in their green wellies.

My scarf is like 15 years old, so I don't feel too badly about wearing it. But still... the demise of a great brand. They still make good trench coats.
 

Doc4

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
799
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Now, that is sig-worthy.

- B


chav-tastic!
 

Siggy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
2
Yeah, the plaid is nice, and I actually would like the scarves if considered on their own merits, but I hate them because they have become a logo that almost everybody here wears.
 

Siggy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by mafoofan
But the band-aid color of it makes it difficult to pair with the stuff I wear now.

Then you need to get yourself some nice band-aid colored shoes!
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
157
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Oh how I miss the days when Burberry actually was not a fashion brand and was worn about the country by British gentry in their green wellies.

My scarf is like 15 years old, so I don't feel too badly about wearing it. But still... the demise of a great brand. They still make good trench coats.


What is worse than the brandification of Burburry is the disappearence of Invertère. The best damn outerwear I have ever seen. I have two of their raincoats, a safari jacket, their famous "Buffer" coat, and a glorious bearcat. New old stock still lurks here and there.

- B
 

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,360
Reaction score
4
Come to think of it; Once I had to pay full retail price for Burberry scarf . I went to BloomingD and talked my wife into buying the most Un-Nova-check scarf I could find (it is white).
Those are the pains of being married to Euro. They have burberry in their blood
 

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2008
Messages
1,974
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What is worse than the brandification of Burburry is the disappearence of Invertère. The best damn outerwear I have ever seen. I have two of their raincoats, a safari jacket, their famous "Buffer" coat, and a glorious bearcat. New old stock still lurks here and there.

- B

There's some on yoox and maybe STP too... Old new stock. It's been relaunched like Drumohr, Cainsmoore, Tootal, Kent & Curwen, etc.
 

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
42
Everytime I see someone wearing one I say to myself, "What a tool."
It happens so often these days its become a force of habit.
 

voxsartoria

Goon member
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
25,756
Reaction score
157
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
There's some on yoox and maybe STP too... Old new stock. It's been relaunched like Drumohr, Cainsmoore, Tootal, Kent & Curwen, etc.

I thought that the attempted resurrection of Invertère was aborted?

- B
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
429,208
Messages
9,230,177
Members
193,756
Latest member
glupainnui
Top