• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got my CC info stolen

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
Thugs install cams all over the place. And the fact that gas stations are run by Middle Easterners all over the country doesn't give me much comfort either.
plain.gif

I just lost all sympathy for you.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone stole my CC info last year about a week before a big trip. BoA was great about handling the situation. It was a ***** with all the claims I had to make and getting a new card but it didn't cost me a thing except some stress.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me. A guy in the UK was buying memberships to Appreciation sites. It was on a Citi card and they took care of everything.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"a guy"... right.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
This is supposedly illegal now. Visa and all the processors were supposed to change it to only be the xxx's and last 4. You would be suprised at the amount of advocacy on the behalf of the consumer Visa, and the others do. Did you know its against Visa policy to have two differnt prices for cash or credit? Or to require a minimum purchase to use a card? Mind you all of their advocacy is to increase their profits, but its still nice.

I dine out everyday and I'd say I have to cross them off on about half of my receipts.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how they used your credit card number without the card at a Salvation Army.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
I could have been a gal. I don't understand what you are implying.
Just joking that it was a cover up for your own purchases
lookaround.gif
rimshot.gif

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Miss Manners ploy works everytime. If someone tells you a joke that you don't enjoy (works the best for dirty jokes) you play dumb and have the joke teller describe the meaning of the joke.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I'm wondering how they used your credit card number without the card at a Salvation Army.

I don't either. Also, it's a debit card, so they have to know the 4 digit pin numbers also.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
That Miss Manners ploy works everytime. If someone tells you a joke that you don't enjoy (works the best for dirty jokes) you play dumb and have the joke teller describe the meaning of the joke.

What are you implying?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I dine out everyday and I'd say I have to cross them off on about half of my receipts.

I have seen it mostly at restraunts still. I bet it has to do with people who still use the old machines.

Let me see if I can dig something up on google about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads