1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I got mugged last night

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Apr 25, 2010.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

wut? english motherfucker do you speak it?

oh i speak it! your little story sounded like one of vaclav's adventures, that's all

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

This thread has led me to the conclusion that muggings are just karma's way of punishing douchebags.

3. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

This thread has led me to the conclusion that muggings are just karma's way of punishing douchebags.

Honestly, if you told me to make a list of 'names' to call Conne, I don't know if 'douchebag' would be very high.

4. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Really mad/upset right now.

I could imagine... Anger at the mugger, or yourself for letting this happen is normal. Learn from this, and make yourself less of a target for robbers.

$90, and a cellphone isn't much to pay for the wisdom you could gain from this. Don't sweat it, kid. [​IMG]

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Honestly, if you told me to make a list of 'names' to call Conne, I don't know if 'douchebag' would be very high.

I use the classical, more general definition of "douchebag", not the narrower SF-approved definition.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Pink tie. Nuff said.

7. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

canal directo knows why I knew, if you're used to NA you wouldn't.

I don't know what "NA" is in this context, also I didnt get his "petits chaleurs du NAP" reference so I'm still curious

I know there was some uproar about a jewish guy getting killed by a gang a year or so ago, is this related?

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I don't know what "NA" is in this context, also I didnt get his "petits chaleurs du NAP" reference so I'm still curious

I know there was some uproar about a jewish guy getting killed by a gang a year or so ago, is this related?

NA is North American. Fuuma is saying if you're used to NA Jews, you might not recognize the Frenchy ones.

9. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Or if you want to milk this for some laughs, publicly post your number and we'll all send nasty text messages to the robber. For maximum funny, please let us know the ethnicity of the robber.
    +1 And I agree that it happens to you for getting a president as the one you suffer. I can tell you I´ve been mugged like 6 or 7 times , my mother more or less , a cousin was robbed like 10000 $ with a shootgun in 1982 just outside the bank etc... Of course under leftist presidents...and in very nice places, not slams. Pd, You can´t have weapon license over there? But perhaps in that case the thieve would have another one.

10. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Last week I was walking around the richest arrondissement of Paris when a bunch of Jewish youth tried to steal the designer bag of the mulatto girl I was with, I even punched a girl so she would let go of the fucking bag. How does that fit into your worldview? Sometimes things get weird...

Sorry but I don´t trust you. Real Jewish don´t do that or even are street bums.

NA is North American. Fuuma is saying if you're used to NA Jews, you might not recognize the Frenchy ones.

Teach me on that

11. goldenbraid

goldenbraid Well-Known Member

Did you report it? I hope they catch her.

ftw

but seriously that sucks.. happened to me too when i was younger.

12. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

That's scary. I almost got mugged once overseas. Gave a coin to a bum. Turned away and the dude whistled and a bunch of scary guys on horseback started converging on my friends and I. We hopped in a cab real fast.
    WTF? Was this in Somalia or something?
    Ive been in 3 attempted muggings, 2 of which involved multiple teenage attackers. In all 3 cases my situational awareness and not showing any fear, have kept me from actually getting mugged.
    This is probably the single best tool for preventing a mugging. A few months ago I pulled an all-nighter and my downtown office and left walking through the streets to where i park in a bad part of town at 4AM. Walking down the deserted street I walked past a bum who was going in the other direction, but did a 180 when he saw me in a suit and trailed me for about a block. I just kept walking confidently but quickly and occasionally looked back once or twice to let him know I knew he was there and he wasn't going to be able to surprise me. Soon as I got around the corner, I bolted for my car and got the hell out of there.

13. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Always carry your gun with you. And dont be afraid to shoot. Animals only know one thing, fear.