• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got laid off today :-(

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bradford: terribly sorry to hear the news. But as one who's been shown the door in the past, I'll remind you of the importance of getting on the phone with as many people as you can right now. As many others have already pointed out, there are scads of people looking for good people. But you've got to make sure your name is at the top of their mental list. And working your contacts now — even if you might not feel like it — will pay dividends.

Keep your chin up and your attitude positive. It'll all turn out just fine. It's Karma.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
As a person who's suffered through frequent and long periods of unemployment, I can say that things will get better very soon if you give your best effort to finding a new career. Good luck, man.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bradford,

I am going to suggest something little unusual - last year I left a job that I really didn't like. I made a mistake and joined a startup that failed, but that was partially because I really wanted out. but, my boss tried to screw me, and kept me worried for the whole year.

last week I talked to a labor lawyer, spent a few hundred bucks on it, but she told me that my boss had actually done serveral illigal things in his treatment of me, and it gave me a good understanding of my rights.

I would suggest to anybody to talk to a lawyer when changing jobs. just to be on the safe side.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I agree with Zach's conclusion. Got me a bit of extra cash.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Bradford. I'm on the hunt for a new job as well--and have an interview this coming Friday. I'm sure your search will be fruitful.

bob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads