• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got bootcut jeans for Christmas...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
plain.gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bootcuts, unless worn for functional purposes...as in over workboots @ a construction site, are definitely in the "trendy" and "fashion jeans" category. That said, I own a pair of bootcut Diesels to wear on those special douchy occasions. Works best on slim frame, IMO

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
yeah, not like timeless stacked skinny jeans!!

+1

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
yeah, not like timeless stacked skinny jeans!!

Timeless stacked skinny jeans became an anti-trend...to make them "trendy", have them tucked in your favorite pair of Uggs
teacha.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Bootcuts are still everywhere. If they where that dated and "out" as some of you guys are making them out to be, then they wouldn't continue to be sold in mass by some of the more trendy brands. One of my friend's works at Nordstrom and he says all their major demim labels still sell tons of bootcuts.

Anyways whatever, this thread is
ffffuuuu.gif

No normal person is going to look at a guy wearing some nice fitting bootcut jeans and think he is out of style.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/789693/0...av&pbo=2374609

Nordstrom is a reliable source for quality jeans fashion. (10)

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Anyway, the more I think about this, the more I'm not liking the bootcuts. I was wearing them last night with some Adidas shells and I kind of felt like a 10th grade girl wearing LEI flarez. I will relegate them to bulky square boot duty only.

How hard is it to sew? As in physically break out a sewing machine, tear the flares out of the jeans, and sew them into a very slim flare?

Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Sewing isn't that hard. Especially what you want to do.

Damn, I'm starting to feel like Mary Poppins in here today...

Just for those that missed it...

At least a 'very thin flare' can be argued respectably.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very thin flare can be shrugged off if everything else is good, but it would be hard to argue that it improves the jean over no flare at all.

Also I've had to wear boots for a job. I did find wearing slim-straight was more comfortable than skinny jeans, but the handful of times I wore bootcut jeans (which I have since had the flare taken out of) I noticed no improvement in comfort whatsoever over slim-straights. And when I say slim-straight I'm referring to Slim Jims, 514 or even 501 I'd imagine would be ample for all but the absolute chunkiest of work boots. No need to wear flares for "function."

Seanallen

Reaction score
damn son, did your mom go to tjmaxx? I had to stock a thousand of those perry ellis jeans today
ffffuuuu.gif

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
A very thin flare can be shrugged off if everything else is good, but it would be hard to argue that it improves the jean over no flare at all.

Also I've had to wear boots for a job. I did find wearing slim-straight was more comfortable than skinny jeans, but the handful of times I wore bootcut jeans (which I have since had the flare taken out of) I noticed no improvement in comfort whatsoever over slim-straights. And when I say slim-straight I'm referring to Slim Jims, 514 or even 501 I'd imagine would be ample for all but the absolute chunkiest of work boots. No need to wear flares for "function."

I agree with this

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's all cycles. In 5 years when big flairs for jeans are in again you all will be making fun of skinny and straight fits.
devil.gif

King Leer

Reaction score
I got a pair of RRL Slim Bootcut Jeans and just tapered them. Now they fit better than my old RRL Straight leg Selvage Jeans that I've since flipped on eBay since they stretched out too much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics