• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Frkng H8 Txt Msging

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i meet this girl at a coffee shop on sunday. things go really well, we're both transplants from VA, similar interests, blah blah blah....

she gave me her number to call her to go out. called her tuesday evening (i know, election night, etc.) and left a message, not really expecting a call back that night. weds morning comes and i get a text from her. now i'm trying to set up friday night via a bunch of ******* text messages. it's taking 2 days to do what a 5 minute phone call could have accomplished.

what is with everyone and this damn texting? even my dad sends them constantly, and he's an old-ass man. he'll call, get my voicemail, hang up, and send a text immediately that says "call me."

****. my thumbs hurt.

Reaction score
Personally, I love texting and even made my decision to buy an LG Voyager when it hit the market based on my love of texting. The only thing about texting that annoys me even the slightest is a few people I know insist on using shorthand for everything, like two 14 year olds in an AOL chat room.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't text (and have conditioned acquaintances not to text me), but there is this confounded device I have called a blackberry that really makes this no better.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say with pride that I've only sent 3 texts in my life, which is unbelievable given how overboard many people I know go with it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Y U h8 on teh txts?
frown.gif

JonB27

Reaction score
I love texting, makes things much easier straight and to the point...

TJS1589

Reaction score
I like texting if it is just for one question. But for those people who like to carry on conversations with it damn them.. Unfortunately girls that ive met love to text so it blows.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be a staunch non-texter. However I find that they do have their place. If you have to ask a quick question and you know the person is at work or some other event at which a phone call would be inappropriate or prohibitive is a situation where I find texting useful. However carrying a conversation via text messaging is a pain and not worth the time it takes to get your points across.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to hate texting, but I don't anymore. It's useful sometimes, e.g. when you don't want to call just to ask a single question. If the conversation goes for more than 2 texts each way, I make the call.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So just call her. In my experience texting is incredibly useful. Sometimes you just want to leave someone a quick message and not have to call.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I find texting very useful, for the various reasons stated above. Ditto email on my BB. Even the built in IM function on the BB is great. My wife and I use it all the time, during the work day, as it's a non-intrusive way to pass information.

I du h8 txt chat ftw. ttyl bff

savage

Reaction score
why didn't you just call her up, if your not into the txting thing?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i did call her but she turned it into a texting fiasco. now i have to wait for her response to the recent one and at that point i'm going to call, probably leave another message, and probably get a text response to it.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree that the entire text messaging phenomenon is absurd. Aside from the obvious efficiency problems, it's often very rude. People seem to think it's perfectly within the limits of good manners to start texting during dinner.

Recently I was at dinner where two people started texting each other.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads