• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I found the Laptop [PLEASE DELETE]

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly the big difference between this and an alienware is the case, I also checked out origin pc they have great specs but seriously awful cases. For me the case is what makes this computer its actually thinner than a 17" MBP, I don't need crazy mobility, but I do need to take this to clients and work on site sometimes. I have a 27" samsung screen already. I contacted them and they will void the warranty if I upgrade any parts, so the first two years the specs will remain the same, afterwards I will throw in 16gb of corsair vengance and a bigger SSD. 64gb will be for windows and cad, solidworks, thats it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly the big difference between this and an alienware is the case, I also checked out origin pc they have great specs but seriously awful cases.  For me the case is what makes this computer its actually thinner than a 17" MBP,  I don't need crazy mobility, but I do need to take this to clients and work on site sometimes.  I have a 27" samsung screen already.  I contacted them and they will void the warranty if I upgrade any parts, so the first two years the specs will remain the same, afterwards I will throw in 16gb of corsair vengance and a bigger SSD.  64gb will be for windows and cad, solidworks, thats it.

So you'll render with 8GB? Well, you are the pro, but I think there's quite a loss in performance (for textures to be loaded and things). And seriously, that policy is ludicrous.

Do you actually NEED to render on site?

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8gb won't be an issue with cache acceleration from the SSD which be like 30gig windows 4gig cad 3 gig SW eventually switching to axis (10 gigs diablo II
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
for a couple of months) and leave at least 10 gigs free for cache.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose that you mean Diablo III? Mine has 15 gigs, fwiw.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yep (well, they're less fast in writing). So another reason pro... ;)
(Look at: sequential write, 4 KB random write)

Of course, the access time is the most critical part, but still.
Just saw that you've edited the post. Of course, I can't critique a system that's not out yet. But can you? It's a fact that these issues were present in the past version, so I have to assume that they still are. (and seriously, Alienware is overpriced but this here isn't? ;))

alienware is overpriced based on competitors. razor blade really doesn't have a competitor as it has a lot of unique qualities

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, that's funny, because to me it looks like a notebook.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^seems to me that you can't wrap your head around the fact that it is MUCH thinner and lighter than any competitor and the case is aluminium not plastic crap.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And that makes it unqestionnable and uncomparable to others? Interesting POV..

So, you haven't read the excempt from the reveiw I have quoted about the penetrating and very loud fans, the very high temperatures and kinda short battery life? Or is it not important to you? Then, fine. Most upsides have their downsides. And I'm still not sure what you really want. On the one hand, you want design. Then you want the most powerful performance. And it has to be light. And thin. And aluminium. And fancy touchthingstuff. I think you need to realize that you have to set priorities. What these are is of course up to you and you seem to have already made your decision -- apparently even before creating this thread, else you would have responded to the suggestions and questions for more details from the people who tried to help you (others than me, too!). :rolleyes:

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like you have not really read the review because it is quite mind blowing how every little detail in the laptop was designed with the gamer in mind. we're talking about notebook computers. of course a notebook computer looks like a notebook. but it has a combination of a lot of qualities that is not available in any other laptop

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question -- do you work Razer?
Plus, OP is no gamer. Moreover, no hardcore gamer would have bought the first version of the notebook. Why? First of all, the price tag. Secondly, limited hardware (GPU esp.). Third of all, loud. Have you ever played a multiplayer game? I wouldn't even think about using that touchpad. I mean for what purpose? To cast skills, like shown in some pictures, during battle? I don't have a third arm for that.

But I get it. Help isn't appreciated. I mean, OP could get a notebook with an i7-3920XM, GTX 680M for about 2.8k, but sure, Razer won't mind the cash flow.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nah. i am merely enamored with what they have done

we'll have this argument again when it comes out

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its the second version of the laptop, you're obviously reading a review that came out last year with the first version... and no I don't work for razer. Who is OP?

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** that ****. Don't delete. This is the epicly mediocre bitchfest that is the embodiment of sf where we argue about how the shoulder of a suit has one too many wrinkles.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sent payment to razer. waddup.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, this is a thread about telling everyone "LOOK GUYS! I am buying a Razer Blade!! Isn't it cool?".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads