I find myself on marginalized on SF

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr. Checks, Jul 13, 2006.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I have not read the last 275 posts on "US Waiters' worst conduct."

What has happend to the star that once burned so brightly within?

Yawn

You may have answered your own question with that observation.

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Hear hear on the glovemakers! Also - RJ needs to get a damned camera and photograph all his bespoke finery!
    What ever happened to that peccary glove order? It seemed to be progressing, and then inexplicably lost steam.

4. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

What ever happened to that peccary glove order? It seemed to be progressing, and then inexplicably lost steam.
    I got mine from the estimable M Durand, but they came from St Junien, one of the capitals of French glovemaking, rather than directly from Peru.

5. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

For me it's summer. I'm in sartorial hibernation for all intents and purposes. If it weren't for my impending wedding and an interview soon. I wouldn't be worrying too much about my clothing at all. Shorts and t-shirts all summer long. I need to feel comfortable in my clothes and the summer doesn't make that possible with long sleeves, trousers, and -- the horrors! -- a jacket or suit.

bob

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

For me it's summer. I'm in sartorial hibernation for all intents and purposes. If it weren't for my impending wedding and an interview soon. I wouldn't be worrying too much about my clothing at all. Shorts and t-shirts all summer long. I need to feel comfortable in my clothes and the summer doesn't make that possible with long sleeves, trousers, and -- the horrors! -- a jacket or suit.

bob

It's kind of funny that you mention that actually. Last summer I went on vacation for a week, where I sat on beaches drinking 10+ beers every day (throughout the day so that I didn't ever really get drunk), relaxing, swimming, shopping, eating, drinking and just having an all around great time. After that vacation, I didn't post on here for a couple of months because I just kind of got out of the whole clothes thing. Then, after I got back into the ordinary schedule for a while, my interest in clothes reared its ugly head again and here I am. I wonder if this happens to other people, where summer just kind of takes them out of an interest in clothes.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I think there is definitely a summer lull. For me, I've been riding every day for a long time now and working on the bike in a lot of my off time so I haven't had many occasions to look sharp. Most of my online time has been researching riding gear lately and I feel like I've spent an awful lot of money on dress clothes (mostly shoes) in the last year. None of it wasted, but still, I need to settle down on that. Plus, every few months or so I feel like I need a break from the forum so I don't burn myself out permanently. I still check in and do my "job" here, but I let others discuss things for a while unless I feel I have unique insight on a topic or just need to say something for whatever reason.

Once it gets to be car weather again around here, and/or I finalize my riding gear choices, I'll definitely be back to obsessively discussing stuff here.

8. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

To add another opinion, it does feel dull after a while. New people and "How Do I Look" kinds of posts make things more interesting. As you can imagine, working in-depth with individuals always involves some challenges and learning.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

You obviously haven't tried drunk-SF posting.

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

Or:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"You ever try StyleForum...on weed, man?"

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Yeah, part of it is the wealth of stuff to do in the summer. Was outside this whole weekend, playing golf in 98-degree weather and 99% humidity.

I'll be back in full force in the Fall.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The more you know, the less you need.

13. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

The more you know, the less you need.
    AC, you have a show on NBC or something?

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I too have been noticing that the fora just seem more dull lately--across the board. Some of it may be a summer slump. Some of it may be my becoming more jaded and finding the fora less informative. Still, they just seem less lively. When will there be another Black Suit thread? When will there again be trolls, provacteurs and troublemakers like Ernest, Kalra or Policy? Forumland is just getting kinda boring these days...or so it seems to me.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I too have been noticing that the fora just seem more dull lately--across the board. Some of it may be a summer slump. Some of it may be my becoming more jaded and finding the fora less informative. Still, they just seem less lively. When will there be another Black Suit thread? When will there again be trolls, provacteurs and troublemakers like Ernest, Kalra or Policy? Forumland is just getting kinda boring these days...or so it seems to me.
    I think this is the result of the regular posters all being around for awhile. From time to time, internet forums need the infusion of new blood or the return of old blood.

Maybe you are missing the "habitual line-stepper"? Where did he go?