• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I finally scored a RLBL for $550

oaw01

Reaction score
It's a charcoal stripe however I'd have preferred a solid black. In addition, I saw a gray Oxxford suit for $1699, a ISAIA for $699 and a bunch of other stuff that did not fit me.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
It's a charcoal stripe however I'd have preferred a solid black. In addition, I saw a gray Oxxford suit for $1699, a ISAIA for $699 and a bunch of other stuff that did not fit me.

Good score, congrats. But, but, black suit is for funeral.
teacha.gif

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
Good score, congrats. But, but, black suit is for funeral.
teacha.gif

hmmm.. That's what they say - but I still want one and a navy one. What's the cost for a good custom made suit in shanghai? I purchased a custom suit from Hong Kong 5 years ago. I wore it once and now it's in the garbage.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics. No info. Useless.
smile.gif

oaw01

Reaction score
It's being shipped to my local RL store. So I'm hoping by next week it would be tailored and ready to wear.

Now, I need to decide if I should keep the Hickey suit or sell it.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll be glad it's not black. If you could post measurements of that Hickey suit in this or the other thread, that'd be great--still hoping someone will post 'em.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01

where was this at?

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butkusrules
where was this at?
The RLBL was from my local Ralph Lauren store. If anyone is interested the salesperson I worked with said there was a nice Blue label navy stripe suit going for $500 and the RLBL ranged from $550 to $600 - charcoal stripe, navy stripe, brown stripe, and some other stripe . He said there are a few sizes from 40R to 46L - give me a PM I'll forward the salesperson's info. The oxxford suits and stuff are from filenes basement in bethesda. edit: I went in to the RL store to browse and not expecting anything since the last time I went in the salespeople didn't show me any sales. However, this time around I went and told the salesperson that I missed out on a RLBL for $700 from gilt and then he told me they had better deals. So I lucked out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads