• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I Finally place an Order with Pediwear, then I get this:

Owen Meany

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
152
Reaction score
70
It took a while before I was confident that I could order the right size, then this! Bummer...




Thank you for your order:

1) Crockett and Jones Lowndes, Colour: Dark Brown Burnished Calf, Size: 6.5, Fitting:E,
GBP254.17

Shipping Cost: GBP0.00. Total Order Cost: GBP0.00


As advised on our website under the Crockett & Jones catalogue, we are no longer able to
accept orders at present.

In the past year, and increasingly during the last 6 months, the demand for Crockett &
Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the
brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing
and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries.
Therefore, regretfully, we do not have these items in our stock and will not be accepting
further non stock orders at this time.

We will be placing on our Web Site styles /sizes that are readily available as soon as
possible.

In the meantime, we confirm that we are unable to proceed further with your kind order
and confirm that this has been cancelled.

Regards
--
Justine A Bentley
Pediwear Shoe Centre Online
[email protected]
www.pediwear.co.uk

Tel: +44(0)1422 367609
Fax: +44(0)1422 367609

24 Westgate, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1DJ, UK.
 

andreyb2

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
445
Reaction score
35
Yep, same story on other sites selling C&J shoes.

Now you have an excellent opportunity to learn what "deficit" meant back in Soviet times!


Andrey
 

khaki sack

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
426
Reaction score
0
Maybe they are no longer selling shoes to ,children?

Size 6.5? WTF?!
 

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
653
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
I'll say a prayer for you.
Damn. You beat me to it.
 

DorianGrey

Active Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Bet you it's because the increased publicity after Wall Street II. I loved it when Gekko was in the C&J store ordering many pairs of shoes.
 

chrisb0109

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2009
Messages
794
Reaction score
11
Originally Posted by khaki sack
Maybe they are no longer selling shoes to ,children?

Size 6.5? WTF?!


That would be a 7 US. Not all that common, but I see shoes that small around.
 

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
19,752
Reaction score
8,206
Is Justine Bentley hot?
 

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
275
Originally Posted by khaki sack
Maybe they are no longer selling shoes to ,children?

Size 6.5? WTF?!


I wear a UK 6.5 in a lot of lasts and a US 7.5 in the Alden Hampton. Doesn't seem too unreasonable a size. I don't feel the need to worry about shoe size though, since my penor is enormous!
 

blahman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
4,559
Reaction score
372
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
I wear a UK 6.5 in a lot of lasts and a US 7.5 in the Alden Hampton. Doesn't seem too unreasonable a size. I don't feel the need to worry about shoe size though, since my penor is enormous!
because that my shoe size too. Hmmm this means a great opportunity for those with C&Js to sell on ebay with hugely inflated prices!!! $$$$$$$$$
 

Erik Vegas

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Owen Meany
It took a while before I was confident that I could order the right size, then this! Bummer...




Thank you for your order:

1) Crockett and Jones Lowndes, Colour: Dark Brown Burnished Calf, Size: 6.5, Fitting:E,
GBP254.17

Shipping Cost: GBP0.00. Total Order Cost: GBP0.00


As advised on our website under the Crockett & Jones catalogue, we are no longer able to
accept orders at present.

In the past year, and increasingly during the last 6 months, the demand for Crockett &
Jones footwear has escalated significantly. This is due to the underlying strength of the
brand and the ongoing investments they have been making in product development, marketing
and retail worldwide. As a result, there is a backlog of orders and delayed deliveries.
Therefore, regretfully, we do not have these items in our stock and will not be accepting
further non stock orders at this time.

We will be placing on our Web Site styles /sizes that are readily available as soon as
possible.

In the meantime, we confirm that we are unable to proceed further with your kind order
and confirm that this has been cancelled.

Regards
--
Justine A Bentley
Pediwear Shoe Centre Online
[email protected]pediwear.co.uk
www.pediwear.co.uk

Tel: +44(0)1422 367609
Fax: +44(0)1422 367609

24 Westgate, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1DJ, UK.


Try www.shipton-usa.com . They sell the Lowndes and might have your size in stock.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 9 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 39 15.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 77 30.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 50 19.9%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 10 4.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 11 4.4%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 13 5.2%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,324
Messages
9,197,104
Members
193,158
Latest member
hardmod

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top