• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I feel the Corneliani itch again.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that itch again to buy another Corneliani suit. This time I have my eye on this black suit with blue pinstripes. Somehow, I feel the blue pinstripes town down the severity of the black and make this suit appropriate even for business wear. Any thoughts before I buy this thing?

bpscorn3tf.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me likey!

biggrin.gif

I do find the colour combination nice.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black pinstripes are acceptable for business in my opinion (and if it matters, I think the conventional "rules" also permit it). Blue pinstripes on black? Well that's a judgement call. I don't like that combo much, preferring a classic white stripe. Blue stripe on mid-grey, now that's a look I like.

But if you like the combination, then I think you could definitely wear it in a business context if co-ordinated well.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ranjeev
Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

Unfortuneately, I'm a Euro 52L so your suit would be way to big for me. But thanks anyway.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Soph
I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis

Good point. I already have a black Corneliani with white pinstripes, but I think that one is a little severe for business (but one day I will give it a go anyway) so it won't get as much wear, but this one likes like it would be very appropriate for business on a regular basis. I don't know, from the picture the black and navy looks like it works really well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics