1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I feel the Corneliani itch again.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jun 11, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

I feel that itch again to buy another Corneliani suit. This time I have my eye on this black suit with blue pinstripes. Somehow, I feel the blue pinstripes town down the severity of the black and make this suit appropriate even for business wear. Any thoughts before I buy this thing?

[​IMG]

2. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Me likey!

[​IMG]

I do find the colour combination nice.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Black pinstripes are acceptable for business in my opinion (and if it matters, I think the conventional "rules" also permit it). Blue pinstripes on black? Well that's a judgement call. I don't like that combo much, preferring a classic white stripe. Blue stripe on mid-grey, now that's a look I like.

But if you like the combination, then I think you could definitely wear it in a business context if co-ordinated well.

4. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior Member

Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

5. Soph

Soph Distinguished Member

I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis.

6. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

Unfortuneately, I'm a Euro 52L so your suit would be way to big for me. But thanks anyway. [​IMG]

I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis

Good point. I already have a black Corneliani with white pinstripes, but I think that one is a little severe for business (but one day I will give it a go anyway) so it won't get as much wear, but this one likes like it would be very appropriate for business on a regular basis. I don't know, from the picture the black and navy looks like it works really well.