I feel the Corneliani itch again.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jun 11, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I feel that itch again to buy another Corneliani suit. This time I have my eye on this black suit with blue pinstripes. Somehow, I feel the blue pinstripes town down the severity of the black and make this suit appropriate even for business wear. Any thoughts before I buy this thing?

[​IMG]

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Me likey!

[​IMG]

I do find the colour combination nice.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Black pinstripes are acceptable for business in my opinion (and if it matters, I think the conventional "rules" also permit it). Blue pinstripes on black? Well that's a judgement call. I don't like that combo much, preferring a classic white stripe. Blue stripe on mid-grey, now that's a look I like.

But if you like the combination, then I think you could definitely wear it in a business context if co-ordinated well.

4. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

5. Soph

Soph Senior member

I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Odoreater, what size are you? My lady friend got me a Corneliani suit that is too big for me. I believe the suit is a 56R or 56L (euro. size). That suit is a beauty-navy with white/bluish pinstripes, super 150s material. I was going to post it on the buying and selling forum but I've been busy.

I like the suit you posted pics of but I prefer white/grey pinstripes on a black suit. I'm not a big fan of blue on black but that a personal call.

Unfortuneately, I'm a Euro 52L so your suit would be way to big for me. But thanks anyway. [​IMG]

I think it potentially could be wise as you could wear the classic blue business shirts and related ties, and it's not outlandish. Then again, I think Navy/blues and black go well together, especially at night. But its a case by case basis

Good point. I already have a black Corneliani with white pinstripes, but I think that one is a little severe for business (but one day I will give it a go anyway) so it won't get as much wear, but this one likes like it would be very appropriate for business on a regular basis. I don't know, from the picture the black and navy looks like it works really well.