1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I dunno why, but I kinda like this

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Jul 13, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

2. Babar

Babar Senior member

What's wrong with you, heh

3. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

I don't know why you like that either [​IMG]

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I saw a nice costume national blazer from this season, that looks like this but without the hideous detailing on the back. Sadly the jacket had surgeon cuffs on the inside, which means if the sleeves lenght isn't exactly the same as your arm lenght you're screwed.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, the back detailing is truly hideous. And the fit is completely off on the model. And the jacket looks really boxy.

But other than that, great jacket [​IMG]

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Uhhhhh, welcome back drizzt.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Heh, I had the same initial reaction, but it grew on me a bit. Perhaps its the incongruity of the front and back...

8. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Sadly the jacket had surgeon cuffs on the inside, which means if the sleeves lenght isn't exactly the same as your arm lenght you're screwed.
    I have a question, well two: how to identify surgeon cuffs, and also, can't a tailor pull the arms up a bit? What are the problems with adjusting the length?

Thanks in advance.

9. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Would it solve the problem is instead of blucher we went British and said Derby and instead of Balmoral we said Oxford?

10. LA Guy

I have a question, well two: how to identify surgeon cuffs, and also, can't a tailor pull the arms up a bit? What are the problems with adjusting the length?

Thanks in advance.

Surgeons cuffs is just a fancy way of saying working buttonholes. The only way to really bring up the arm would be to alter the sleevehead (i.e. at the shoulder) which is an expensive and difficult alteration that a lot of tailors botch.

11. macuser3of5

Surgeons cuffs is just a fancy way of saying working buttonholes. The only way to really bring up the arm would be to alter the sleevehead (i.e. at the shoulder) which is an expensive and difficult alteration that a lot of tailors botch.
    I figured it meant working buttonholes... This is a problem, as I have a Costume National suit I got for a relative steal that I need to have altered in exactly this way... Hmm... We will see what the local seamstress says.[​IMG]

12. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If this guy only had some gold chains, I could endorse this look. [​IMG]

13. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I figured it meant working buttonholes... This is a problem, as I have a Costume National suit I got for a relative steal that I need to have altered in exactly this way... Hmm... We will see what the local seamstress says.[​IMG]

Unless you have a very special local seamstress, I wouldn't try it, no matter what she says she can do. Doing a good job at shortening a sleeve at the shoulder is beyond the reach of most alterations tailors. That's the kind of job I would only take to a tailor who also makes custom suits.

14. LA Guy

I can save you the headache if you are a 50 Eu (or even a 48 Eu). You can just send me the Costume National suit. PM me [​IMG]

15. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Heh, I had the same initial reaction, but it grew on me a bit. Perhaps its the incongruity of the front and back...
    ahhh...the same appeal as the mullet.

16. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

LAG, I'll take the 48EU. You don't know what mariage implies yet... [​IMG] My tailor alters from the shoulders, and does a terrific job. He's the guy who does alterations for the Jil Sander boutique avenue montaigne. It doesn't come cheap, about 80euros, but it's well worth it. !luc

17. macuser3of5

I can save you the headache if you are a 50 Eu (or even a 48 Eu). You can just send me the Costume National suit. PM me [​IMG]
    It is indeed a 48 EU, one-button, peak lapel, 4 season wool. Got it for $600. [​IMG]

18. LA Guy

LAG, I'll take the 48EU. You don't know what mariage implies yet... [​IMG]

My tailor alters from the shoulders, and does a terrific job. He's the guy who does alterations for the Jil Sander boutique avenue montaigne.
    It doesn't come cheap, about 80euros, but it's well worth it.

!luc

I've actually lost about 2 inches off my waist and 12 lbs or so since getting married, just a bit over a year ago. Miraculously, have gotten stronger (chest still the same, but my drop is now closer to 9 or 10, from about 7-8 before). Same exercise schedule, but with more speedwork and burnout sets built in for more intense, but shorter, workouts, (speedwork burns an incredible amount of fat, and burnout sets build a lot of strength). Fewer pizza, kebab, and take out Pasta days (actually, only about once a week now, as opposed to 6 or more). I read in the BBC that it is actually quite common for men to lose weight and women gain after marriage.

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

This guy reminds me of a really lame Steven Segal impersonator.