I don't want to work with my girls father

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by wilson brother, Oct 12, 2006.

1. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

Hey guys-

my girls father offered me to work in his company..she thinks that would be great for our future. I'm feeling like this is the wrong idea for me [​IMG] because my dream is so different..

if I take this job it could be like a jail..I like her family but i'm afraid about my freedom [​IMG]

How can I say no to this offer without losing her..and the relationship with her father too? That guy doesn't care anything about California [​IMG] he's not even a warm guy [​IMG] after 3 whiskeys.

-Danny Wilson

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

there is no other alternative better than just plain up front tell them you aspire to do something else and but thankfully, decline his offer. be plain up front, courteous and truthful.
    it may be hard , but people do respect this. hopefully your girl will agree and respect your decision as well. good luck.

4. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

That guy doesn't care anything about California
    Your point? Perhaps the most annoying thing I've encountered in Californians is their belief that California is the be all and end all, which really couldn't be farther from the truth in this East Coast country of ours. But to answer your question, if it isn't in line with your life goals don't do it. You could also take this opportunity to re-evaluate your life goals.

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

There's a great future in plastics.

6. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

If you will lose her just because you don't take a job that's wrong for you anyway, then how does she love you?

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This has the makings of a great movie. You challenge your girl's dad to a surf-off. If he wins, you'll go to work for the company. If you win, he pays for you and your girl to travel to California. And you know whose music would provide the soundtrack . . .

8. Nantucket Red

This has the makings of a great movie. You challenge your girl's dad to a surf-off. If he wins, you'll go to work for the company. If you win, he pays for you and your girl to travel to California. And you know whose music would provide the soundtrack . . .

But there's a twist in the plot when it's discovered too late that the Beach Boys are clandestinely working for an international ring of terrorists headed up by the Kim Jong Il character from Team America.

So even though Wilson Brother wins the surf-off and meets his idols, he gets swept up in the sinister undercurrent of international terrorism when the Beach Boys blackmail him into planting a bomb under Huntington pier set to detonate during a big surf contest.

The only way he can get out of it is to surf big Mavericks (huge, cold, and sharky) on an old, dinged-up, obsolete single-fin from the 70s with a broken nose. Can he do it?

The suspense is killing me!

9. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Nantucket, I just sold your post to a movie producer friend of mine. Your check will be in the mail. I got you four points. [​IMG]

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket, I just sold your post to a movie producer friend of mine. Your check will be in the mail. I got you four points. [​IMG]

Cool! Now I can realize my dream of moving to Beverly Hills and driving around in a Lamborghini and dating Paris Hilton! [​IMG]

11. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

12. Nantucket Red

paris hilton?

Good lord, I'm joking! I've never dreamed of any such thing in my life.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Your point? Perhaps the most annoying thing I've encountered in Californians is their belief that California is the be all and and all, which really couldn't be farther from the truth in this East Coast country of ours.

But to answer your question, if it isn't in line with your life goals don't do it. You could also take this opportunity to re-evaluate your life goals.

he's not from california. i think he is just interested in cultural learnings of california for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan

14. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

There's a great future in plastics.
    hahahahahahahahahaha!

15. Nantucket Red

he's not from california. i think he is just interested in cultural learnings of california for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan

Wilson Brother is from Kazakhstan? The only information available on his profile is that his shoe width is D.