• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I don't get it . . .

majorhancock

Reaction score
Why are so many high-end shoes shaped like this?
The human foot (at least mine) is shaped completely differently.
Just wondering . . .

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fashion - manufacturers have to constantly change and force us to buy new styles.

Sylvr

Reaction score
relative symmetry is commonly beautiful. you can certainly have lop sided shoes custom made for you, but it won't be everyones cup of tea.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sylvr
relative symmetry is commonly beautiful. you can certainly have lop sided shoes custom made for you, but it won't be everyones cup of tea.

People have been suffering for centuries from fashion's creations...

Corsets and so on...

Uncomfortable shoe design is not a new concept ,far from that...

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point. With your high end suits, you should rock these instead - a much more anatomically-correct look...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's the difference:

More allowance in front of the toes.

Rada

Reaction score
try working 12 hour days in something like these.... My mother is going on 52 and rarely walks out of the house without heels on and has been doing so for over 30 years. I always got the impression she felt comfortable shoes were for quitters.
I'm ok with that...

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada
try working 12 hour days in something like these.... My mother is going on 52 and rarely walks out of the house without heels on and has been doing so for over 30 years. I always got the impression she felt comfortable shoes were for quitters.
I'm ok with that...

Do yo walk with your arms out-stretched when you wear those. You know, like they do on a tightrope? Saying that, shoes like that do increase the 'wiggle factor' if you know what I mean! Which is nice.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the late Middle-Ages, they wore their shoes extremely long and had strict rules
(depending on your social class) what maximum length you were allowed.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rada

I'm ok with that...

That shoe looks painful just to see ... I cannot imagine someone wearing that for 12 hours!

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
In the late Middle-Ages, they wore their shoes extremely long and had strict rules (depending on your social class) what maximum length you were allowed.

Sumptuary laws...Which should be reinstated IMO.

Rada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Do yo walk with your arms out-stretched when you wear those. You know, like they do on a tightrope?

Saying that, shoes like that do increase the 'wiggle factor' if you know what I mean! Which is nice.

they do indeed

Originally Posted by srivats
That shoe looks painful just to see ... I cannot imagine someone wearing that for 12 hours!

One of the pains of being a woman, I guess. I don't miss those days... traded in the heels for combat boots. Don't wear the combat boots anymore but am in a job that doesn't require heels anymore. Thank God

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.