1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I don't get Corona

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by thetieguy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Corona's the kind of beer that's good to drink ice cold with lime while working outside in hot weather building a deck or something.

2. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Landshark is an Anheiser-Busch product. Bud Lite Lime is also coming out soon to compete with Miller Chill.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

4. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

Corona's a great beer for when you're thirsty but don't quite want water. I drink tons of Guinness and ales, but they're not really thirst-quenchers. I drink Corona after lugging a 50lbs suitcase up three flights of stairs.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's not a fantastic beer, but it works in the right summertime setting. I've enjoyed it on trips to the Caribbean.

6. sketchychic

sketchychic Member

corona is gross, lime is the only thing that makes it bearable... there are much worse beers though

7. visionology

visionology Senior member

My god, were you at the conference too? We posted this at the same time. [​IMG]

haha I love when that happens.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Corona is absolutely horrible. I refuse to drink it, which is saying a lot considering I'll drink garbage like Milwaukee's Best/Natty Light/etc. if it's all that's around.

Same here.

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I like it just fine with a lime. Nice and light during hot weather. If you want to be hardcore though, you gotta buy the Tecate in the 48 packs from 7-11.

hardcore what?

10. matadorpoeta

People like the marketing. A similar but better beer is Dos Equis.

the most similar beer is 'pacifico'. it is made by the same company but is just a hint stronger. 'estrella' is the same beer with a different label.

11. matadorpoeta

Well, at least it's better than Sol... I made the mistake of staying in an all-inclusive resort in Mexico once, and that was the only beer they had.

'sol' is the cheapest beer in mexico. you can't find in stores though. instead, they send teenage girls in short shorts around town selling it out of ice cream carts. it still doesn't sell.

when i was in england, i saw a huge truck advertising 'sol' as mexico's #1 beer. [​IMG]

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

Corona's the kind of beer that's good to drink ice cold with lime while working outside in hot weather building a deck or something.
    +1. It's basically flavored cold water.

13. Sartorian

Sartorian Senior member

'sol' is the cheapest beer in mexico. you can't find in stores though. instead, they send teenage girls in short shorts around town selling it out of ice cream carts. it still doesn't sell.

when i was in england, i saw a huge truck advertising 'sol' as mexico's #1 beer. [​IMG]

At least they don't have a banner in the center of Mexico city, akin to the one Carlsberg has in Copenhagen: 'Quite possibly the best beer in Denmark.'

Corona is, as stated by others, a desert/hot day/working tough labor beer. It's other defining characteristic is it's longterm drinkability: my friend loves it because he can drink it from the beginning of a Sunday, pre-barbecue, all through the day and into the late night, awaking the following day with zero repercussions. As light and pissy as they are, one cannot do the same with your average crap American beer (Milwaukee's Finest, PBR et. al. start tasting like dirty dishwater by the end of a six-pack).

14. Fulcannelli

Fulcannelli Senior member

I dont mind Colona... its not that bad. lager is a means to an end.. if you want to drink something nice drink something else.. all lager is p1ss[​IMG]

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't understand why so many people love Corona. I think it it horrible. I have never tasted pee, but I imagine it tastes like a Corona. I have even heard that Corona puts a small amount of pee into each batch to get the taste. It seems to be the summer drink for every frat guy. It is the worst Mexican beer by far and one of the worst I have ever tasted. Does anyone else agree with me or am I off base here? I do think their ads are somewhat clever.
    And I've heard that if you dig deep enough in the sandbox you can get to China. I'm no fan of Corona, but I have to wonder why thinking about what pee tastes like is so fascinating to you.
    +1 I also like Negro Modelo
    +1; Also good is Leon Negro, which as far as I know is only available in Mexico (the Yucatan is the only place I've ever had it).
    Reminds of me of what one of my roommates used to say about Weidemann's, which was by far the cheapest beer we could get at the supermarket in college: "If you drink it really fast when it's really, really cold, it's really not that bad!"

16. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bohemia>every other Mexican beer. I had one today (at Outback of all places) and it only reminded me of what good beer can do to a meal.

+10,000. In Cannery Row, Doc calls Bohemia "the best beer in the Western Hemisphere."

17. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

+1
    I also like Negro Modelo

+1, correct name is Negra Modelo

Bohemia>every other Mexican beer. I had one today (at Outback of all places) and it only reminded me of what good beer can do to a meal.

+1, la mejor, sin duda

18. Rani

Rani Active Member

I'll have to admit that Corona (with Lemon or Lime) was the first beer that I could tolerate when I was legally able to drink. It was my first foray into the wonderful world of beers. It's been a long time since I've ever had a Corona though, I've become addicted to India Pale Ales.

19. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

hardcore what?

Hardcore chillin' Mexi-style...

20. matadorpoeta

Hardcore chillin' Mexi-style...

????